- Very easy
- 10 minutes
- For 5 people
- 1.4 € / person
- 255kcal per 100g.
How to make mussel pate
Today I propose a recipe that is possibly ” the best appetizer in the world “, and I say this because it is a dish that is prepared in 5 minutes, it is cheap, there is no need to cook and it is delicious.
My sister Nuri prepares it regularly at Christmas and I prepare it at home all year. But I had not yet uploaded it to the blog, you see that I have solved it quickly.
If you are thinking of a quick and easy snack, nothing better than this mussel pate. You don’t have to be a chef to make it, and the result is great.
When we want to make a homemade pate , the first thing is to select the main ingredient and then accompany it with other elements that provide it with the creamy texture that we want: cream cheese, cheese, liquid or whipped cream, mayonnaise , etc.
Any pate is always a good resource as an aperitif , for a snack lunch / dinner, or simply as a snack to have at any time.
On the blog you can find a delicious salmon pate , in addition to other similar elaborations, such as muhammara or cream of peppers , Mutabal or cream of aubergines and the classic chickpea hummus .
I am going to add this mussels paté to my selection of Christmas Recipes , since it fits perfectly as an aperitif to receive the guests.
To present it, choose a nice container, and accompany it with crackers, toasted bread rolls or the typical breadsticks. In short, you have no excuse not to prepare it at home and enjoy a delicious taste of the sea.
Preparation of the mussels pate.
- In a large bowl, we are adding all the ingredients. We start with the mussels and the pickled liquid.
- We continue with the light tuna and the olive oil that goes in the can.
- Then the rest of the ingredients, the cheeses, the chopped crab sticks and finally, the mayonnaise.
- Mix well with the help of a fork.
- We crush with the mixer, very fine. Trying that we do not have lumps. Little by little you will see how it is getting a smooth and creamy texture.
- We put it in a container, cover it with transparent film and put it in the cold for at least a couple of hours. This will end up taking the final spreadable texture.
I assure you that it is a delicious snack, very simple and easy to cook. It also supports many variations and you can tune it to your liking, even with a touch of seafood.
You can see all the step-by-step photos of this creamy mussel pate recipe in this album.
Tips for a mussel pâté.
- This dish is very easy to prepare, so I will insist that you use the best possible raw material.
- In this case I have chosen quality canned food, from the Rianxeira brand, with the Galicia Calidade logo . The quality shows and a lot, you will see the final result.
- To give you the final result, once you have passed the mixer, you can touch up the pate to your liking. If you want it less thick, add a little more mayonnaise or a splash of white wine. This I leave to your choice.
- In this case we have served it in small bowls accompanied by canapé type toasts or with mini blinis .
- When presenting it on the table, a very original idea is to use empty canning cans. For example, I have accumulated a few, which I then use to serve various snacks. From some seasoned olives to some mussels in sauce, and of course, any homemade pate or spreadable cream.