- 180 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 4.5 / person
- 315kcal per 100g.
- · ·
How to make a sea and mountain stew . I do not know if what happens to me, but despite the fact that I love stews, both spoon and fork, I often think twice about putting it on.
They are usually quite long recipes that the hustle and bustle of me day by day does not always make possible. I am not going to tell you that today’s recipe is one of those prepared in a pis pas, nor that the work involved in its preparation is minimal, but what I do advise you is to find a place to cook this rabbit stew, beans and clams yes or yes, it could not be more good.
To accompany the rabbit we have some green beans, softer and smaller than traditional beans. Although you still need your rehydration time. The rabbit as the main ingredient that, being a low-fat meat, will not help our stew not go over calories, and as a culmination, fresh clams that will make a perfect combination of sea and mountain.
In the blog you will find other recipes of sea and mountain as rich as this one, to cheer you up with sea and mountain dishes. You will surely hear dishes like mixed paella, rabbit with prawns or Norway lobsters, chicken with lobster, rabbit with snails and octopus, some pig’s trotters with shrimp, mussel and bacon patty , monkfish with chanterelles and shrimp , a prawn and boletus risotto , chicken with cod, arròs a la cassola (casserole rice with ribs, prawns, mussels and cuttlefish), a chickpea stew with mushrooms and monkfish , lentils with shrimp or the classic trout with ham . Have you not tried them yet? What are you waiting for?
In addition to being a winning combination, the long and slow cooking time will make this dish a perfect stew for cold days, with a delicious taste and texture. I encourage you to get down to work as soon as you have a chance, this good dish is worth a bit of kitchen work.
Before starting with the stew. Beans and clams
- The first thing we do is leave the beans to soak from the night before so that they hydrate.
- Just before starting work we put the clams in a bowl with plenty of salt until we see them open and remove the sand and impurities inside. Drain and reserve.
Preparation of rabbit stew, beans and clams
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the chopped rabbit. We brown the meat on all sides to seal it, remove from the casserole and reserve.
- In the same oil that we use to brown the rabbit, add the onion and garlic, cut into brunoise, into small cubes. We fry the vegetables for about 5 minutes, at medium temperature.
- Add the pepper, the chopped carrots, the bay leaf and thyme to the saucepan. We continue the sofrito for about 15 minutes until we see that the vegetable begins to soften.
- We can check the salt in the middle of the process, once we start cooking, and rectify if necessary. So it is better that we always stay initially short than the other way around.
- We incorporate the grated tomato, the rabbit that we have reserved and the green beans.
- Cover with cold water, add salt and cook over low heat. From the moment the water begins to boil, for about 2 hours.
- When we see that the beans are tender, add the clams to the stew and leave them 5 more minutes until they open.
- We serve this wonderful stew sprinkled with a pinch of parsley and finely chopped. Like almost all stews, it will be richer if possible, from one day to the next, a whole plate of yummy.
Be sure to enjoy all the stews, stews and yummy soups in our recipes for soups and stews , and of course all recipes with meat with both rabbit and beef, pork or chicken. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .