- 15 minutes
- For 2 persons
- 0.5 € / person
- 205kcal per 100g.
How to prepare tabbouleh, tabouleh or tabbouleh.
I present you one of the most important recipes for vegetables with couscous in Arab cuisine, a dish called Lebanese salad .
It seems that this dish originates from Lebanese gastronomy , but it is consumed in most of the Middle East, being very popular in Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine.
Although according to the area it has its own variations, it originally includes bulgur, a precooked wheat semolina, which in many areas is replaced by couscous .
In Morocco and Algeria it is usually prepared with couscous semolina, a version that is the best known in Europe. This tabouleh or couscous salad recipe is perfect for a summer meal.
A dish that has a very refreshing touch of mint and lemon juice. To save time we can use precooked couscous semolina. It is the one that is usually found in supermarkets, but if you use raw semolina you must cook it beforehand.
Combining and dressing all the ingredients with the lemon juice and even with salt and pepper, we obtain a totally summery and original salad. It is an ideal salad for hot moments.
We can consume it alone as an accompaniment to some falafel , with pita bread , a chicken pastela or the traditional chickpea hummus .
Preparation of the tabbouleh
- We put the couscous in a bowl and add 2 or 3 tablespoons of water to hydrate it. We remove with a fork to facilitate that they are mixed of homogeneous form.
- We wash the tomato and chop it as small as possible. Peel the onion and cut it in the same way, as small as possible.
- Add the vegetables to the bowl where we have the couscous.
- We wash and dry the parsley and peppermint with kitchen paper.
- Chop the fresh herbs very finely and add to the rest of the ingredients, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- These are the main ingredients of this dish, so we have to use a good bunch. We water with extra virgin olive oil and add the lemon juice. If you like the milder citrus flavor, you can use limes.
- We stir well to integrate the flavors well and let cool one hour before serving.
Tips for a fluffy tabbouleh
- A recipe that you can accompany with what you like the most at home, such as this tabbouleh with tuna , very fresh and perfect to take to work.
- The main ingredient of this dish is parsley , which is combined with bulgur or couscous, tomato, sometimes cucumber, lemon and onion. This is not a parsley salad, but a parsley salad. Only its leaves are used and the proportion with the rest of the ingredients is much higher.
- In practically no time we have a fresh salad ready to accompany any meat or fish dish.
- It is perfect for beach meals. Perfect accompaniment to barbecues for grilled meats or any type of barbecue, an enjoyment of flavors and textures. I recommend you try it, an explosion of exotic and refreshing flavors will surprise you.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.