- 15 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.8 € / person
- 213kcal per 100g.
How to make chicken curry with vegetables . It’s been a long time since I prepared a chicken recipe with two of my favorite flavors: mustard and curry , together they win on any dish.
Believe it or not, mustard has been present in our gastronomy since Roman times. They themselves mixed unfermented grape juice with mustard seeds to prepare the burning must. This must was used in the kitchen as a condiment to prepare spicy wines and flavored vinegars, as well as a very famous spicy cheese: moretum .
Although now we have all kinds of facilities to have quality mustard at home, you can also dare to prepare homemade mustard . Something similar happens with curry, although in your markets you will find all the curry mixes that you like the most. In today’s dish I have opted for the classic curry powder that they have in all the supermarkets.
A combination of exotic ingredients that fills this dish with flavor to give it an original touch. I have softened the Dijon mustard with yogurt a little so that it does not take away the role of the curry and the two are noticed. A different way of eating chicken, with an original touch and especially low in calories. I assure you that eating healthy does not mean eating badly, the result is impressive, one of the most successful chicken recipes in yummy recipes.
Maceration of the chicken and preparation of the sauce
We will have to marinate the chicken the day before preparing the recipe. You can choose between turkey or chicken, whichever you like, although the chicken sirloin is perfect for this recipe.
- To marinate I have used 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon of sweet paprika from La Vera, salt, freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of ground cumin.
- We mix everything very well in a container that we can cover, in this way we will make the chicken catch all the flavor. It is important that we cover it because we are going to put it in the fridge. This way we avoid taking odors from other foods.
- We leave the chicken in the fridge for at least 5 hours, I like that it stays overnight.
- We heat the grill over medium heat since it will keep the heat very well. In this way we will control the temperature without problem.
- Once it is hot we add two drops of extra virgin olive oil that we will spread with a brush. Just enough so that there is a thin layer and the chicken does not stick.
- We brown on each side for a minute and a half. We mark the meat so that it is juicy inside, here is the secret of the recipe.
- For vegetables the process is very easy, we cut a large onion into small cubes, the smaller the better.
- We put them in a bowl and sprinkle with curry powder (this to taste, with a teaspoon of dessert arrives), a pinch of nutmeg and fine salt.
Preparation of chicken timbale with curry and mustard
- We remove everything and put the bowl into the micro for 10 minutes at maximum temperature.
- While the onion is made, cut the tomatoes into half slices. We go to the grill, round and round, about two minutes on each side. No oil is necessary if the iron does not stick, we reserve for the final assembly.
- We prepare the sauce, it is very simple and will add a touch to the recipe. Mix a creamy skimmed yogurt with a teaspoon of Dijon mustard, until it is fully integrated. We reserve.
- We take the onion out of the microwave and start with the assembly.
- First a thin layer of yogurt sauce with mustard, then the tomato, the sliced chicken, the onion and again more chicken. All this in a plaster mold, top with a little sauce.
- Sprinkle with a touch of curry powder and some Maldon salt flake.
I assure you that the result is impressive, worthy to start any great lunch or dinner with your favorite guests.