- 15 minutes
- For 2 persons
- € 2 / person
- 302kcal per 100g.
How to make a chicken Caesar salad . Any time of year is good for a refreshing salad. Today I present you one of them, perhaps one of the most famous in the world, the Caesar or Caesar salad .
One of those salad recipes with a relatively simple preparation. This chicken salad does not stick to a single recipe, there are many reinterpretations, this is one more. I like it with roasted chicken or with a little breast marinated in paprika, although the secret is in its creamy sauce, with a soft touch of anchovies and mustard . A very complete and quick dish to make. Do you cheer up?
Like a good number of culinary creations invented in the last century, the Caesar salad has a date of birth, known parents and a curious history. In many places it can still be read that the Caesar salad was born in the kitchens of the New Yorker Waldof Astoria, others place its origin in a mafia casino in Atlantic City.
But in reality this salad was the brainchild of an Italian immigrant cook named Alessandro Cardini , who lived from San Diego but worked at a restaurant in Tijuana in Mexico. Apparently it was invented in a hurry, since she had run out of ingredients to cook the dish she had planned and this became an instant success. The salad was a success and from that moment the controversy began about its origin, the Italians have it in their kitchen but really as you can see it is Mexican.
The Caesar salad was originally made up of the following ingredients: lettuce, soft-boiled egg, garlic, Worcetershire sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, grated Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
As you can see, it did not have anchovies or mustard. In addition, the addition of chicken was introduced much later and for me it is one of the richest ingredients in the salad along with the sauce. What do you fancy? Well, to the kitchen! It can not be easier.
Preparation of the Cesar sauce
- To prepare the famous Cesar sauce. We have to put the anchovies, the egg yolk, the spoon of the lemon juice, the garlic clove (this can be removed from the sauce as I will tell you later), a little white or black pepper in a mixer glass , half a spoon of mustard and extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix everything well with a spoon and beat everything as if it were a mayonnaise.
- The mixer arm has to start from the bottom and we beat from the bottom. When it starts to form like mayonnaise we start to move the mixer from bottom to top until it is ready.
- When it is emulsified, add the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Stir with the spoon until it is well linked and the famous Caesar sauce is ready .
- We leave the sauce in the fridge to cool and continue with the preparation of the salad.
Preparation of the Caesar salad
- When adding the ingredients to our salad, we can flavor it with garlic without adding it to the sauce.
- To do this, in the bowl in which we are going to serve the salad, the method is to crush two garlic cloves until they disintegrate and rub the walls of the bowl with this pulp and then remove the pulp.
- Thus we avoid the power of garlic in the sauce and that it does not repeat us. We will get a softer sauce and all the garlic flavor.
- We wash the lettuce and drain well. Once clean, well washed, dry the lettuce and cut we can reserve it in the fridge for 30 minutes. With this we will make the lettuce crunchier
- In a frying pan add a little olive oil and pass the chicken breast (whole, the 100 g is 2 large breast fillets) in the very hot oil.
- When they are golden we separate and remove the excess oil with a little absorbent paper.
- We cut into long thin strips. The original recipe is with roasted chicken (you can freeze part of the one you have left over when you make it at home and use it in this salad) but as you can see this time it goes with almost grilled chicken).
- We remove on a plate until the salad is assembled.
Assembly and final presentation of the Caesar salad
- Regarding bread, we must fry the bread cubes in olive oil or toast them in the oven. If we fry them we must put them on absorbent paper to remove part of the absorbed oil.
- The scabs, if we make them in the oven, after spraying them with the oil using the spray or a silicone brush. We can add a little freshly ground pepper.
- Although you can find the typical bag of bread croutons that they sell in all the supermarkets that are very crispy, they can be used perfectly.
- We assemble the salad with the previous ingredients, including some black olives (that’s my thing). And finally we add the bread croutons. Add the Cesar sauce and season well.
To enjoy! Here you have a fresh and very complete salad. Lettuce, bread, chicken and the special touch of the sauce.
Don’t miss a step in the photos of this chicken Caesar salad recipe .