- 15 toasts
- 300 g of cooked beans
- 2 carrots
- 1 beet
- 250 g of grated cheese
- 500 g of pork tenderloin
- ½ lettuce
- 2 cloves
- 1 kg of butter or a liter of oil
- 100 mL vinegar
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 pinch of oregano
- 2 tbsp. of sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Blend the beans. Sauté them with a little butter in a frying pan.
- Cut the lettuce into chiffon (very thin). Reservation.
- Separately grate the beets and carrots. Heat a cup of water with salt, oregano, pepper, thyme, sugar and a little vinegar. Cook the vegetables for 15 minutes.
- Cook the pork tenderloin with the cloves, water and salt for approximately 20 minutes. Once cooked, cut it into thin slices and reserve.
- Spread the toast with the beans, place a slice of meat and add the lettuce alternating with the carrot and beets. Sprinkle with cheese.
The food chalupas are a traditional dish that we can find in many places in Mexico, but you definitely have to try the pigtails; that is, the boat made in the State of Chiapas.
We invite you to follow this delicious recipe so that you can prepare it in a traditional way at home, with all the flavor of the South of Mexico.
CHALUPAS FOOD AND WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS RECIPE
What makes this boat so special and different from the others that are prepared in Mexico? Here we explain it to you:
The name “coleta” comes from the locals of San Cristóbal: this is how people born and who reside in this municipality are called.
The story goes that the Spaniards who passed through the place wore their hair in a ponytail and they began to be called pigtails.
Same as himROAST COLETO, This boat is made with pork loin, this being the typical and main ingredient for dishes with the surname “coleto”.