- 30 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 2.4 / person
- 345kcal per 100g.
How to make the fashionable bravas.
Different pavas bravas , square shaped and fried together with a fun, original and very tasty result.
If there is a typical Spanish cuisine tapas it is the tapas bravas and that, in a country like ours in which there is so much variety of pinchos and appetizers, it is saying a lot.
It is speculated that it is a recipe that began to be prepared during the sixties in some now disappeared Madrid bar.
It is said that there were large queues to try them and it does not surprise us, a good plate of bravas is a holy hand for hunger!
Today we are going to see a variation of this traditional recipe for fried potatoes with two different sauces, which can be prepared very quickly and will delight our guests.
Preparation of potatoes
- We separate the garlic cloves. We peel them.
- We heat a good amount of oil in a saucepan (it has to completely cover the garlic cloves and the potatoes when we fry them).
- We confit the garlic in the hot oil for a few minutes. We withdraw and reserve.
- We wash the potatoes and cut them into thin slices without peeling them.
- We make tacos from slices and cut them into dice with several layers.
- We fry the potatoes in the same oil with which we confit the garlic.
- When they are golden we remove them and drain on absorbent paper. We reserve.
Preparation of the brava sauce and final presentation
- We put the garlic in the glass of the mixer. We add 300 ml. of clean oil, the 2 eggs and a generous pinch of salt. We beat everything very well.
- In a frying pan add a tablespoon of garlic and onion powder and two tablespoons of spicy La Vera paprika.
- Add a jet of oil and fry for about ten seconds without stirring.
- We generously pour a couple of tablespoons of vinegar. We turn off the heat and mix well.
- To serve, we put a potato base and pour a layer of mayonnaise and another of the hot sauce.
- We eat right away so they don’t get cold. Don’t forget a great cold beer… they bite, I assure you.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for fashionable bravas . Do not miss any detail so that it is delicious.