- 20 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 3 / person
- 267kcal per 100g.
How to make a Burela tuna tartar . Today I present you a very tasty, fresh and very suggestive recipe, perfect for a quick dinner, in less than 20 minutes you will have a delicious tuna tartar .
This recipe is very simple and very grateful, especially for those who enjoy tasting raw and well-seasoned fish. There are many ways to prepare it and in this case I have given a Galician touch to the traditional tartar recipe. The subtle game of this dressing with Galician touches has to be the right one to find a balance that is liked by everyone.
With what the subject of the spicy I usually leave it optional, in fact, the Padrón peppers, in this case it did not chop. But I assure you that a little spicy touch goes great with the recipe. Whoever likes it more powerful I leave various ingredients on the table to enhance it to your liking.
The place chosen to record and prepare this recipe could not be more appropriate, to Lonxa de Burela . With views of the sea and a bit of sea breeze, we prepare this tartare with a product of the highest quality, a Burela tuna to take off your hat. Thanks to the previous work of many people, many names of people that make it possible for them to have the best product in our trusted fishmonger. And especially to those who help to get to know their work, the Organization of Fish Producers of Lugo .
The tartare is a preparation in which the fish or meat, finely chopped. At first I was going to prepare it with tuna, but particularly, the bonito with a meat more pink than tuna, seems to me softer and more elegant. We are also in the midst of the Burela bonito season , which is at its best and is cheap. I love its tender texture, which practically melts in your mouth, much more tender than tuna.
The most traditional preparation and perhaps the most widespread in the world, is the steak tartar , with meat as the protagonist, but it is perfectly adaptable to other types of ingredients, on the blog you can also find a great tartar with salmon .
I leave you with this recipe for bonito. I not only recommend this recipe but I insist that you try it. Do you dare to taste this excellent blue fish differently?
Before starting with the Burela tuna tartar
- The bonito we have to freeze beforehand to make sure that there are no anisakis . Therefore, it is very important to make sure that we buy the fish very fresh and in good condition. Trust your fishmonger and even ask him for recipes, his advice will surely be very welcome.
- We freeze it for a week or buy already frozen. Thaw in the fridge the day before the recipe is prepared.
- We remove the skin of the bonito, we remove the central spine and all the spines it may have on the sides.
- We removed the chai, the animal’s most exercised piece of core muscle, which is darker in color, almost black, that gives the fish too strong a flavor.
- Cut the bonito into small cubes with a knife, put in a large bowl. The pieces of bonito must be 1 cm. more or less. So that it is not completely crushed, they are visible and noticeable. We reserve.
- We chop the chives and the red onion very fine and wash it very well to remove the power of flavor that can spoil our tartar. We dry and put in the bowl with the bonito.
- We chop the Padrón peppers very fine (without the seeds) or, failing that, a chili or cayenne. We add to the bowl and as I said at the beginning, the spicy theme is optional. In this case we have given it a Galician touch with some Padrón peppers. Although in this case, with the mustard and the pepper, it was more than enough.
- Chop the capers and pickles very finely, add to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Also the chives that we will reserve for decoration.
- We squeeze the lime and strain in case any nuggets fall. We reserve.
Preparation of the Burela tuna tartar. Final presentation
- Add the extra virgin olive oil, mustard, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, salt and ground black pepper to the previous mixture. Mix well and reserve.
- We cover the tartar with transparent film and let it rest in the refrigerator until serving time. At least half an hour.
- We serve at the moment, so that the fish is not overcooked, sprinkled with the rest of the chives.
- We put together the plate with the help of a mold, filling it and removing it so that it is cylindrical.
- We can also serve it in a bowl so that each diner can spread it on toast as you see in the presentation photo. I assure you that they flew, behind the cameras were a lot of people wanting to try this tartar.
- The most traditional form of presentation is in a glass, one of those used for margaritas, with a wide mouth. We can also serve it as an aperitif with some quenelles and chopped chives. You will be left with an impeccable presentation.
You will see how you succeed at home with this recipe, simply delicious. You will tell me.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog.
I assure you that following the photos of the step by step of this nice tartar and the video will be perfect for you at the first time. Then you can give it your personal touch to make it a great success at home.