- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.4 € / person
- 178kcal per 100g.
How to prepare some mussels a la marinera . This seafood recipe stands out for its special smell of the sea. Since the sauce is made with the same cooking water as the mussels.
The sauce is typical of mussels a la marinera , of which there are variations since it admits many ingredients, but its flavor and texture must always be light and smooth. It is a very typical dish of any Galician restaurant and especially of those found in coastal areas.
Galicia is the largest producer of this mollusk, 95% of the mussel consumed in Spain comes from the Galician estuaries. It is distinguished by its high quality and unbeatable flavor, also having a designation of origin. When buying them we must look at their label to verify that they have passed all the quality controls.
The mussel provides a large amount of protein and a low content of total and saturated fats, making it a food that cares for our hearts and provides fiber to our diet. For all these reasons it is beneficial for people with cholesterol. Do not stop consuming them because it is a cheap seafood and full of possibilities.
Mussels, an ingredient that can be prepared in many ways: Mussels in rabid sauce , Tigers or mussels croquettes , Mussels in vinaigrette , Mussel pie , … and many more recipes that I will present to you on the blog.
Really delicious recipes that accompanied with a good Galician white wine will not leave anyone indifferent. I leave you with a recipe with all the flavor of the sea, simple and ideal on your weekly menu. Enjoy your meal.
Preparation of mussels a la marinera
- Before the actual preparation, perhaps the most laborious job is to wash the mussels well. We will remove the beards (side hairs that come out of each of the shells) helping us with a knife to pull better. Then we clean the shells on the outside to remove the remains of beards.
- Once washed we begin with the preparation. To do this, we place the mussels in a saucepan with very little water, salt and bay leaves. We cover the casserole and bring it to a boil. The smell of this first step is really nice. We leave until the shells are open (about a minute) and remove from the heat.
- The next step is to separate the shells. We transfer the part that has the mussel to another pot and reserve. If we have a gas stove we can place them on a clay pot. We throw away the empty shells.
- Strain the cooking water with the help of a “Chinese strainer” and save it for later use.
Preparation of the seafood sauce and final assembly
- Now we go with the sauce. We put a little oil in a pan and add the chopped onion. When it is golden brown, add the chopped parsley and stir. Then sprinkle the tablespoons of flour, stir and let it take color.
- Next we pour the broth of the cooking of the seafood, the white wine and with the help of a spoon we incorporate the paprika. We mix all the ingredients well and let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- We pour the sauce in the pot in which we have the mussels, and let it cook for 1 or 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally so that the sauce thickens and does not stick to the bottom.
- Before serving the dish we leave a few minutes for the sauce to rest. If we have prepared it in a clay pot we can present it directly in it. In our case, we serve it in a platter, watering the mussels well with the sauce that remains in the bottom.
I encourage you to visit more recipes for tapas, snacks and pinchos perfect for an unforgettable evening with yours. The fish and seafood recipes are perfect for a light dinner, a party or just because.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for mussels a la marinera . Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.