For 8 0.5 €/pers. 355 kcal/100g
- 200g. dark chocolate 70% minimum (the brand you like the most)
- 4 large eggs
- 100g. of butter
- 100 g of normal or icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (dessert type) baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 80 g all-purpose wheat flour
- 50g. to 100 g. walnuts (depends on what you like)
Try making a chocolate cake that you will like so much that you will make it again at home. This spongy cake has a recipe with an excellent flavor, quick, easy to make and with spectacular results.
Its texture is perfect, crunchy on the outside like a brownie but not so dense on the inside, as it has a very light cakey touch that makes it very juicy on the inside. It is one of those dessert recipes perfect for very very chocolatiers.
On the blog you can find a wide variety of chocolate cakes and brownies because we love this type of sweet. You have all kinds of them, from my sister’s favorite chocolate cake , the double chocolate cake , the white chocolate brownie or the easiest in the world, the Nutella brownie .
I recommend that you start with this one and then tell me the result, I’m sure it will become one of your favorite desserts.
Preparation of the brownie-style chocolate cake
- The first thing is to prepare the container where we are going to cook them. I used a 20 x 20 cm glass tray and baking paper.
- The size of the tray makes 9 generous servings of brownie-style cake, but it all depends on how thick we want it to be. If you want them smaller, use a larger tray.
- We line the tray and spread it with butter. Sprinkle the baking paper with chocolate powder.
- I haven’t used flour because the last time I made it I had small flecks of white flour left on the base.
- With this trick we solve this problem and on top of that we give this cake more chocolate flavor.
- We put the grated chocolate or small pieces with the butter in a bowl and put it in the microwave for 4 minutes at medium temperature.
- We take out and mix the mixture well with a whisk until there is a cream similar to chocolate cream .
Preparation of the chocolate cake cream
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until it becomes a foamy cream. We add the tablespoon of vanilla and the baking soda. We pour the chocolate cream into the previous bowl and mix well with the whisk.
- Sift the flour with a sieve and add to the previous mixture. We stir very well until we obtain a homogeneous cream paste.
- We pour the chocolate cream into the glass tray. I advise you to do it with a silicone spatula to take advantage of all the cream and so that nothing remains in the bowl.
- We break the walnuts into pieces and pass them through a little chocolate powder. We introduce them into the cream and with a fork we cover them well with the chocolate.
Preparation and final baking of the brownie-style chocolate cake
- We bake the brownie in the oven preheated to 180º C in the middle part for 35-40 minutes with the oven hot up and down (without air).
- As I mentioned in some other recipe, it all depends on the oven, always check with a fork that when you prick it it comes out dry.
- When it has been in the oven for 20 minutes, we cover it with a little aluminum foil so that the surface does not burn and the crust is perfect and crispy.
- In my oven the preparation time is exactly 40 minutes but in my mother’s it takes 30-35. You should not overdo it with time because you will end up with dry cakes that no one can eat.
- We let it cool on the tray and when it is cold we cut it into several portions.
- We separate them from the baking paper and present them on a plate with a little vanilla or chocolate ice cream , or with hot chocolate. For the most demanding chocolate palates.
Don’t forget to enjoy all the different chocolate desserts on the blog.
You can see all the step-by-step photos of the chocolate brownie-style cake recipe in this album. Don’t miss any details and it will turn out perfect.