Mexican snacks are the favorites to enjoy a perfect weekend. And if you are going to spend it at home, you can indulge yourself with some delicious beef picadillo pambazo. Keep reading and know how to prepare them.
BEEF PICADILLO PAMBAZO RECIPE
- 18 miniature pambazos
- 1 cup commercial marinade
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 250 g of grated Cotija cheese
- 1/2 lettuce washed, disinfected and chopped
- Vegetable oil
- 500 g of ground beef
- 2 potatoes peeled and diced
- 3/4 of cup of precooked peas
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/4 onion
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil
- To make the picadillo: blend the tomatoes with the onion, season with salt and reserve.
- Fry the potatoes, carrots and peas in oil; add the meat, stir to undo the lumps and integrate the tomato; cook over low heat until the stew is dry.
- Heat the marinade with 1/4 cup of water, stir to undo it and when it boils, remove and reserve.
- Cut the pambazos in half lengthwise, soak them in the marinade and fry them in oil.
- Fill them with the picadillo, the chopped onion, the cheese and the lettuce; place the lids and serve.
Among Mexican food, the king of festivals could not be absent: tamales. We present the most typical ones:
HOW WERE THE PAMBAZOS BORN?
This treat is part of the history of Mexico and, believe it or not, also of its landscape!
The story goes that the pambazo was created in Xalapa, Veracruz, in honor of Carlota, Empress of Mexico and wife of Maximiliano de Habsburgo. The cook, Josef Tüdös, was inspired by the shapes of the Citlaltepec volcano, also known as Pico de Orizaba.
However, the pambazo created by Tüdös was a soft white bread impregnated with flour and filled with chorizo, white cheese, sliced lettuce and marinated chipotle .
The pambazo that we know was later created in Mexico City, whose bread is bathed in guajillo chili sauce.
We have for you more recipes of ground meat that are as easy as they are delicious, get to know them all in Easy Kitchen !