- 120 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 4 / person
How to prepare a baked lamb .
The lamb is one of the recipes for meat recurring at home for any gathering or family party.
Whether it is some lamb chops , a simple roasted lamb or a stew with vegetables , it is a meat that we all like and my mother cooks like a charm.
Today’s recipe is a little different, it’s a baked leg of lamb , but this time boneless and stuffed.
If you are one of those who like the traditional baked leg of lamb , this recipe will delight you, although both the Segovian-style suckling pig , the roast lamb and the baked kid are one of those family meals or Sunday roasts for everything year.
I am of the opinion that when we cook boneless meat we prepare ourselves for even more enjoyment than we would have if it weren’t.
Do not think that I do not enjoy scrutinizing the bone, I love it since I was little, but having the ease of eating a good piece of meat without complicating the process, enjoying each bite and, as in the case of this recipe, that each bite is accompanied for ingredients that flavor it and provide other textures I love it.
For those who think that my head is going a little bit and that I am getting lazy, do not take it into account. I can only tell you that it is a category recipe. This time the filling is in accordance with the time of year, apples, raisins and mushrooms, but we could use any other ingredient that you like.
The leg of lamb filled with dried apricots, boletus and pears would be perfect , the combinations are many and always to the taste of the consumer. I hope you like it and cheer up the recipe at home.
In addition we have published a special with tips to make the perfect stuffed meat , yummy. Do not miss it.
Preparation of stuffed leg of lamb
- First of all, in order to prepare this stuffed leg of lamb, what we have to do is ask our butcher to debone it for us.
- It takes some practice not to make a mess of bone removal, so it’s best to leave this job to the professionals.
- Already at home we remove from the meat traces of fat that we see that we can remove and reserve.
- We put the raisins to macerate in the brandy and reserve until it is time to use them.
- In a mortar we are going to make a mash with the black pepper, the salt, the thyme and 4 of the garlic cloves, crushing them well until the ingredients remain as a paste.
- Spread the meat of the leg with the mashed, distributing the pasta well over its entire surface and reserve.
- We cut the foot of the mushrooms, which is what will have the most soil and we gently wash them to spoil them as little as possible.
- We leave them in a kitchen strainer to drain all their water and dry them with kitchen paper.
Preparation of the filling
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and lightly brown the chopped garlic.
- Add the mushrooms and cook them for 10 or 15 minutes, until all the water they are going to release has evaporated.
- We spread the mushrooms over the surface of the lamb shank and reserve.
- We peel and core the apple and cut it into thin segments. We place the segments on top of the mushrooms.
- Drain the raisins already macerated and distribute them on top of the meat with the rest of the filling.
Roll the lamb and bake
- We roll the meat until all the filling is inside and with kitchen twine we tie it to prevent it from opening.
- We place the stuffed leg on a baking sheet and water it with the brandy, the water and a splash of olive oil.
- We put in the oven previously hot at 200º C for 10 minutes.
- We lower the oven temperature to 180º C and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- In the middle of the process we turn the meat over and add more brandy and water if necessary.
- Remove the meat from the oven, remove the kitchen cord and transfer it to the service tray. Cover with aluminum foil for 20 minutes before serving so that the meat settles.
Presentation of the sauce
- While we prepare the sauce. For this we add ½ glass of water to the source where we cook the leg so that the remains that are stuck are softened.
- We strain the resulting liquid and put it in a saucepan in which we will dilute the cornstarch while it is still cold.
- We put the sauce to cook until it begins to thicken and remove from the heat.
- The resulting sauce, strain it and present it in a separate container, so that each one is served to your liking.
Final presentation of stuffed lamb
- We cut the lamb into thick slices and serve to the taste of the guests.
- A tip is to wait a little for it to cool, let it rest for a few minutes, before cutting it, so that the internal juices are distributed well.
- This way it will be easier to fillet our leg of lamb, without scares of it falling apart. We sauce and optionally decorate the dish with a parsley leaf.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.
Tips for a fluffy stuffed lamb
- In the end, it was easier than I expected and the result was very good, so I think I will repeat soon with other fillers.
- It is a very simple recipe to prepare since almost all the work will be done by the oven.
- Important so as not to complicate our lives is that your trusted butcher debones the piece to fill and it will only be left to let our imagination fly. We will have a plate of yummy, worthy of any party.
- We can accompany our lamb with some fried potatoes watered with part of the roast sauce, or with your favorite salad. I recommend you accompany the barbecue with any of these proposals.
- Whether some potatoes grilled style Jamie Oliver , or some French fries , some potatoes with gravy , boiled, fried potatoes , stewed potatoes , potatoes to the oven , potatoes importance , stuffed potatoes , accompanied by salsa , in salad or just a mashed potato.