- 80 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.2 € / person
- 302kcal per 100g.
How to prepare some aubergines stuffed with meat. Mallorcan Tumbet, Ratatouille, vegetable ratatouille , alboronía, in all these recipes we can find an ingredient that we love at home , the eggplant .
Today I am going to prepare aubergines stuffed with meat with bechamel . It is a very simple recipe, different from the stuffed aubergines that I presented to you on the blog a long time ago, in this case I have prepared them in half lengthwise.
This dish, although easy, requires a little more of our time in front of the stove, but the result is worth it and dedication. It is also a great alternative for the tupper of the week, because you can gratinate it at home and give it a heat stroke in the office micro. Since it has béchamel, it will always be very juicy.
In this case I have prepared a great alternative to make the bechamel. All you have to do is link the meat with a little flour, liquid cream and a pinch of nutmeg. The meat will be more compact, but extraordinarily juicy.
Eggplant is a very versatile ingredient for many recipes, on the blog you can find our famous mutabal or a Greek mousse .
Vegetable and vegetable fillings are a gourmet wardrobe, as you can see in stuffed zucchini . The use of aubergine as a container of its own meat plus the accompaniment of meat, fish or simply vegetables, makes us find ourselves before a dish that covers all nutritional needs and at the same time is most tasty.
Preparation of the stuffed eggplant filling
- We chop the onion, the garlic cloves and the carrot, very small. We put it to sauté in a large deep pan. Add a generous stream of olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- We fry everything for 15 minutes until it reduces liquid and all the ingredients are poached. It should be the onion and garlic with a golden hue and the carrot is very tender, it will be waiting for the meat.
- Season the minced meat with salt and pepper and mix it with the strips of ham.
- When the sofrito is ready we add the mixture of meat and ham.
- Sauté over low heat, with the rest of the ingredients for 7 minutes until reduced.
- When the meat turns brown, add the two heaping tablespoons of flour and the cream.
- We stir until the ingredients are well linked. Add a pinch of nutmeg.
- We mix and, if we wish, add a little more cream, to taste! For the very salseros. If you like that the meat is left with a little more sauce.
- You can add a little more liquid cream (2 or 3 tablespoons or 50 ml), until the béchamel mixes with the minced meat to your liking.
- In case you spend adding cream, do not panic !, one more tablespoon of flour and arranged matter. We rectify the point of salt and reserve.
Preparation of eggplants for filling
- We prepare the eggplants. We wash the aubergines, we remove the tail and we open them to the center. To remove the bitterness a little, fill a large bowl with water with plenty of salt, about 3 tablespoons.
- We leave the eggplants resting in this water for 15 minutes to remove the bitterness that the meat of the eggplant could have.
- We wash the pieces of eggplant and dry them with absorbent paper.
- We carefully empty each half. It is best to do it with a small teaspoon or a knife leaving a little pulp surrounding the skin.
- In this way it will remain firm in the subsequent baking and in addition to being rich they will be beautiful. The gap should be just enough to have a good space that we can fill later.
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil with a little salt. When the water boils, add the eggplants.
- When the water returns to the boil, we cover them and leave about 5 minutes or until the meat of the eggplant is tender.
- Once we have the aubergines at their point we make a little hole to fill them. We empty them with a dessert spoon or an apple drainer. We scrape with great care so as not to spoil the vegetable too much and always leaving at least a finger of eggplant. It has to be left with enough pulp.
- We mince the eggplant that we have taken out and we combine it with the meat filling, very well so that they bring the flavors together. We reserve the mixture on a plate for the subsequent filling.
Baking and presentation of stuffed aubergines
- We preheat the oven to 180 ° C in the gratin position.
- Spread a large baking dish with a little butter and put the eggplants on top. Fill the aubergines with the mixture that we have reserved and put a little cheese on top of the meat to gratin.
- Put the eggplants in the oven and leave them, at 200 ° C in the gratin position.
- We leave them until the cheese turns a dark golden or brown tone. We serve fresh from the oven.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.