- 12 peneques
- 2 ancho chili peppers
- 3pasilla chili peppers
- 2 guajillo chili peppers
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3/4 onion
- 250 g of ground beef
- 4 eggs cooked and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Devein the chiles, toast them on a comal and soak them in hot water to soften them; Blend them with the garlic, a piece of onion and 1 cup of the soaking water of the chilies to make a sauce.
- Fry it in a saucepan with oil, season and cook over medium heat until it boils and thickens a little; withdraw and reserve.
- Separately, season the remaining onion, minced, add the meat, stir to break up the lumps and season with salt and pepper.
- When the meat is cooked, add the egg, stir and when it sets, remove.
- Carefully open the peneques, fill them with the previous preparation and fry them in a frying pan with oil (give them a ‘little pass’).
- When serving, heat the marinade and insert the peneques to heat up (or bathe them with the marinade).
Today we want to enjoy a very traditional Grenache and share it with you: we will tell you how to prepare marinated ground beef peneques , ideal for an improvised but delicious dinner at home.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT PENEQUES
- Peneques are a kind of weathered quesadilla, accompanied by tomato sauce. They are usually served as a garnish or as a snack.
- These are a Garnacha native to Mexico City. If you are visiting, do not hesitate to try them.
- Its most common fillings are beans, ground beans and cheese, so its consumption is common during Lent and Holy Week.
- To prepare them you need an oval corn tortilla cooked in a comal and folded in half. In this way the peneque is formed.
Do not stay with the craving and enjoy more GROUND BEEF RECIPES THAT ARE AS EASY AS THEY ARE DELICIOUS