- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 4.5 / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make puff salmon . When you ask me about recipes with fish for Christmas without complications, I always recommend sea bass with salt or baked sea bream .
But there are a lot of options that, being a little more elaborate, are delicious. Opting for cheaper fish such as salmon . It is easy to check since on the blog you will find many recipes for this fish, and it is very versatile in the kitchen. I know it’s not one of the cheapest fish today, but once in a while it pays to afford good Norwegian salmon, for example.
The puff pastry is a good complement in the kitchen, to prepare this type of salty dishes, where we do it in the oven filled with meat or fish. This recipe can be made even simpler, using the whole piece of salmon and the puff pastry sheet without cutting. The step by step would be the same but without making the individual portions.
As for salmon, today it is very present in any fish shop, especially those from aquaculture. I recommend that you make the effort and use Norwegian salmon, since it is a sure value in quality and flavor.
Preparation of the filling for the salmon in puff pastry
- We start by chopping the spinach into small squares. In a frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the spinach, mix and sauté. We salt to taste.
- Now we incorporate the flour, which we mix with the rest and we cook until it acquires a toasted color. We have to cook the flour at its point, so that the béchamel does not taste mealy.
- We pour half of the milk (cold), and we begin to stir without stopping. Little by little it will thicken. We add the other half and follow the same process. We want to get a light béchamel sauce. We let temper.
- The salmon must go skinless, so we proceed to remove it if it is the case. We cut the piece into four pieces of about 100 gr. each. We spread the puff pastry on parchment paper (for the oven), and cut it into four parts.
- With the help of our hands, we form a package with the puff pastry, trying to close the ends well. We repeat the process with the rest.
Baking and final presentation of salmon
- In each puff pastry portion, place a bechamel base with spinach in the center . On it a piece of salmon, which we salt to taste.
- As if it were a package, we closed the salmon with the puff pastry. We place the closure at the bottom by turning the package of dough.
- Follow the step by step of the photos or the video, so it will be much easier for you to follow the recipe to the letter.
- We preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 ºC,
- We beat the egg and with a brush we paint the puff pastry . In this way we will help to glue the joints and give it a golden touch while cooking in the oven.
- We place the salmon packages on baking paper. This will ensure that the surface is not burned.
- Bake the salmon in puff pastry for 15-20 minutes at 200º C with heat from above and below without the option of a fan. As you know each oven is a world and “hurries” in a different way, so the range of 5 minutes.
- It would not hurt if you tried to prepare the recipe before if you want to make it for a special day, as with everything you are not born knowing everything. The aim is that the puff pastry is well toasted on the outside and the fish is tender and juicy. Go check that the puff pastry is not toasted too much.
- Once this time has passed, we remove the salmon in puff pastry from the oven and let it rest 5 minutes before serving.
- For the plating, you can accompany a white rice or a vegetable stew, as a garnish.
It is a much simpler recipe to prepare than it may initially seem. If you do not want to miss a detail of how to prepare this recipe for salmon in puff pastry , click on the photos in the step by step.