- 100 minutes
- For 6 people
- 3.1 € / person
- 287kcal per 100g.
How to make roast or baked meat .
There are endless recipes with meat and ways to prepare roast or baked meat .
With or without initial marinade, in more or less large pieces, in pieces with or without bone, with more or less fat, these are options that we have when considering a new recipe.
In any of its different forms of preparation, the essence is the same, the preparation of a piece of meat cooked in the oven. Mainly the type of meat that we choose is key, it is the main ingredient and we do not want to disguise it as flavors, but to enhance them.
The other point to take into account is the garnish that we choose, rice, vegetables, potatoes, are the simplest alternatives but not for that reason less tasty. As an example of this, today we have accompanied our meat, in addition to some roasted vegetables, a delicious hasselback potato .
The preparation of these potatoes is very simple and the result I assure you is worth it. With very little work we will be able to have a wonderful garnish because of how beautiful and tasty it is.
Today I bring you one of the ways in which I cook roasted meat in the oven. On this occasion I have chosen a part with enough fat in its structure and without bone, the veal needle . I have decided not to previously marinate the meat since it is juicy enough not to need it.
On the blog you will find different roasts with different types of meat. From the pork roast , another variation of the round beef roast , the roast chicken and of course the baked lamb .
As a final result we will have a perfect meat recipe to enjoy both hot, fresh from the oven, and cold.
Preparation of roasted meat in the oven
- We clean the piece of meat well from the remains of fats that may be left over.
- In a casserole, heat a splash of olive oil and add the meat. We gild it on all its faces to seal it.
- We preheat the oven to 200º C about 10 minutes before introducing the meat.
- We remove the meat from the casserole and put it in a wide oven dish, add the vegetables, the peeled and cut onions in quarters, the carrots in pieces, the garlic cloves and the peppers in thick strips.
- Season the vegetables and meat and add a few sprigs of rosemary and thyme. We water with the cognac and bake 30 minutes at 200º C in the central part with heat above and below.
- It is important that we place the piece of meat with the fat part facing up. Both for the round and for any other type of meat that we are going to roast in the oven.
- We remove the source from the oven, turn the meat and continue the baking for another 20 minutes.
- We remove the source from the oven once more and remove the meat. When removing it from the oven we cover it with aluminum foil for 10 minutes and it will be ready to serve.
- We leave the meat wrapped in aluminum foil so that it settles and does not lose heat. You will be left with a hard scab on the outside and super soft on the inside.
- We put the source back in the oven with the vegetables to continue its baking. The vegetables will be ready when they are soft.
Preparation of the hasselbalk potatoes and final presentation of the roast
- To prepare the hasselback potato garnish, we must choose the right potatoes.
- It is advisable to choose similar sizes in all the potatoes, so the baking times will be the same and they will all be cooked evenly.
- We start by washing the potatoes very well. Once clean and dry we will proceed to make the characteristic cuts of the hasselback potatoes. It is about laminating the potatoes without reaching the base with the cut.
- To facilitate this process we can place some sticks as a support so that we never reach the base of the potato.
- We place the potatoes in a dish suitable for oven and reserve.
- In a bowl mix the slightly melted butter, with the rosemary leaves and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spread the potatoes with a generous amount of the butter paste.
- Bake the potatoes with the previously hot oven at 200º C for 40 minutes, until they are done.
- We serve the meat with the hasselback potatoes and the roasted vegetables.
You can see in this step by step how to prepare this recipe for roasted meat in the oven. Follow the photos and the video and I assure you that the recipe will be easier.