- 60 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.8 € / person
- 498kcal per 100g.
Chocolate fritter recipe .
Every time of the year and every holiday have, in any corner of the world, some sweet or salty recipes that are their own.
In the same way that at Christmas we cannot go without polvorones , at carnival without pancakes or Easter without torrijas , if you are a clear Galician, on the feast of All Saints it is mandatory to prepare wind fritters .
Today I bring you a variation of the classic fritter recipe, it is about chocolate-filled chocolate fritters , which will give us a different touch to the great and classic wind fritters .
A double chocolate proposal for the chocolatiers to put on their boots. The celebration of All Saints , on November 1 , it is not understood if the fritters, although we can also see them in all the pastry shops in Madrid at Carnival and Lent.
On these dates, the fritters are sweet or salty like cod ones are very typical, you have apple fritters , the carnival crespillos … tuneadlos with your favorite filling: whipped cream, truffle, chocolate, strawberries, coffee …
The result is a classic sweet but with extra chocolate, easy to prepare and with a great flavor and texture. You can try making your variations, we could fill it with the classic pastry cream or make the classic wind fritters filled with this ganache.
It’s just about adding a little imagination to the kitchen to enjoy cooking and, of course, eating. It is true that as in the past, most parties are no longer celebrated. But what has become clear is that thanks to our gastronomic repertoire.
It’s easy to keep the party on the table with this recipe or with All Saints’ Recipes .
Preparation of the chocolate fritters
- In a bowl we sift the flour with the yeast and reserve.
- We put a saucepan on the fire with the water, milk, butter, salt and orange zest. Heat until it boils and remove from the heat. Reserve until slightly tempered.
- Add the egg yolks to the mixture and stir well until they are integrated.
- Add the yeast flour and cocoa. With some rods we mix well until we have a thick and homogeneous cream. If necessary, we can heat the mixture on the fire to facilitate the dissolution of the flour.
Frying and final presentation of the chocolate fritters
- In a wide and tall saucepan, heat plenty of mild oil for frying. When it is hot we are adding small portions of the donut dough with the help of two spoons.
- Fry for a few minutes and remove by placing the fritters on absorbent paper.
- With the fritters still hot, coat them with sugar. We reserve them while we prepare the chocolate filling.
- To make the chocolate cream, heat the cream in a saucepan until it boils.
- Remove from the heat and add the chopped chocolate. With some rods we are stirring until the chocolate has dissolved thanks to the residual heat of the cream. We let the cream cool before filling the fritters.
- We put the chocolate cream in a pastry bag and making a small incision with the tip of a knife in each donut.
- We introduce a portion of chocolate cream. And I hope they get to the table, nothing to eat on the way …
The recipe is very simple, it is not more than to contribute a quantity of pure cocoa, without sugar, to the dough of the fritters. Thus we get chocolate flavor in the classic fry. But also, and in case anyone is left wanting more collision. We fill our fritters with a simple chocolate ganache .
So in a simple way we will have ready some chocolate fritters filled with chocolate that will be perfect to enjoy as a snack. I only ask for a little coffee to accompany, and you?
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.