- 15 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 4 / person
Mixing our best best drinks improves the atmosphere of any celebration we have at home. It is not about covering the flavor of the spirit, but rather enhancing its nuances combining it with others. A The Macallan whiskey can be enjoyed alone or with ice, however these two recipes that FizzBartenders has presented are very interesting proposals to test our skills as mixologists.
For those who every year seek in the preparations for their Christmas celebrations a careful detail with which to culminate that unforgettable encounter, in Rechupete Recipes we propose 2 cocktail recipes. We explain the ritual step by step to surprise and seduce our guests with the versatility and possibilities offered by whiskey. Two recipes with which to enjoy the preparation of a cocktail with Premium ingredients.
Hector Henche, the creative director of Fizz Bartenders is passionate about combining flavors from all over the world in his mixes, and increasingly incorporates into his proposals ingredients that until now we would never have imagined in a drink. For example, avocado. It turns out that Héctor seeks to complement the flavors of The Macallan, discovering a balance with ingredients that we would not think of using in a cocktail, with personality and which, of course, is right. This Christmas you will demonstrate in your celebrations that there is a world of news beyond gin and tonic and you will become the best host.
It all starts with a The Macallan 1824 Series “Amber” characterized by its citrus and vanilla notes. A cocktail called ” Seafood Spirit ” to start your evenings in a light way and with avocado and rhubarb, an original glass. There is nothing better than receiving guests with an aperitif cocktail proposal, to whet your appetite to discover versatility. Although its passage in the mouth is delicate, the mixture with avocado and rhubarb gives it a very exotic touch and, at the same time, very round and smooth. Surprise with every sip. To prepare it we will need:
- 8 cl. Avocado and rhubarb puree *
- 4 cl. The Macallan 1824 Series ‘Amber’
- 1 sheet of avocado
- First we start preparing a puree with 1⁄4 avocado, together 4 cl. of Cordial de Ruibarbo, 1 cl. rubber, 2 cl. lemon juice and 4 cl. of water. Mix the ingredients in the mixer for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Then we strain the preparation to avoid tripping or lumps and pour it into the shaker and add the whiskey.
- It is time to add ice so that the preparation is fresh. We will beat vigorously and then serve it in Martini-style glasses. Decorate it with a sheet of avocado.
Another option, since we are with nuts in our house, is the “Christmas Frozen” with The Macallan . Here, the main ingredient is dried apricots, which these days abound in our pantry ready for the Christmas or New Year’s table. This cocktail is a very good ending to a hearty dinner.
- 2 cl. Lemon juice
- 5 cl. The Macallan 1824 Series ‘Amber’
- 2 cl. Hazelnut syrup
- 4 dried apricots
- 1⁄2 slice of natural pineapple
- 1 spoon of sugar
- It is very easy to prepare. Incorporate all the ingredients into your blender and move it vigorously.
- Then add crushed ice so that we have a frozen cocktail. It is time to put our arms in motion again until all the ingredients are mixed in the mixer.
- To give it a more professional touch, cool the martini glasses where you are going to serve your creation. The final touch of presentation is to decorate the glass with spiral-cut orange peel. If desired, add … a dried apricot.
In any type of cocktail, whiskey can be a perfect ally. If you have fallen short with these 2 proposals, I advise you to improvise with orange juice, we are in season and thanks to its acidity, it tastes very good. Perfect for a special occasion. Do you dare to do them?
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes and special Christmas cocktails that we have on the blog, I assure you that you will find a lot of ideas to make yours much happier and have a better time than good.
You can see all the photos of these Christmas cocktails with the step by step in the next album.