- 25 minutes
- For 6 people
- € 1.5 / person
- 235kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a nougat dessert .
I am already thinking about what I am going to cook for Christmas and I am trying with dessert. After several tests I am left with the recipe that I propose today.
A refreshing dessert due to the texture of the creamy and crunchy yogurt for the biscuit and nuts.
The Christmas point is given by the Xixona nougat that we will find in the heart of this glass and a culmination of dried fruit and crumbs of polvorón. It is already more than proven, I have prepared it for 3 meals and it has always been a success.
This is the dessert that I am going to put on Christmas Day . Another great advantage is that you can have it prepared the day before to dedicate all your time to other things, in the kitchen or wherever you want, I will be having something with friends.
Christmas lunches and dinners are full of excesses and I get fully into them, why should I lie to you.
But this dessert in the form of a glass although it seems that it has many things and that it is excessive as the final finish of a great meal is great.
More than 70% is yogurt and almost everything else is what they call “toppins”. The decorations that make this dessert so simple and with an attractive presentation to the eye, something simply delicious. Would you like to make this glass of yogurt and nougat your Christmas dessert?
Preparation of nougat cream
- We assemble the cream . Unlike meringue (which should be at room temperature) the cream should be used cold.
- The glass or normal sugar (about 50 grams approximately) and the container must also be freshly removed from the fridge.
- We beat the sugar and cream with the electric rods until it is compact.
- In another bowl add the Xixona nougat in small cubes and add half a glass of milk.
- We beat them with the mixer until everything is completely mixed. Once the nougat cream-mash is made, we combine it with the whipped cream in a soft and enveloping way.
- We better use a wooden or silicone spatula so that this cream does not come down. Let it sit in the fridge.
Preparation of crispy nuts
- We are going to prepare the crispy. We roast the chopped nuts in a pan with a little butter.
- When they start to turn golden, remove the pan and add a tablespoon of heaped sugar (25 grams) and another of cinnamon.
- We continue toasting 1-2 minutes over medium heat until it reaches a crisp toasted tone.
- Remove from the pan and let cool. When they are cold we separate half in a bowl to mix with the cookies and the other to cover the yogurt cup.
- We break the cookies into small pieces. We mix them with the part of the crispy nuts until obtaining a homogeneous mixture that will be the base of the dessert.
Assembly of the nougat cup and final presentation
- Add to the bottom of the glass a teaspoon of crunchy cookies-dried fruit mix. We cover with some threads of honey.
- We cover the rest of the glass with the Greek yogurt, which will be almost 70% the size of the glass.
- We introduce 2 tablespoons of nougat cream that will partially sink in the yogurt. It weighs more and it will be a little covered but it will be visible.
- Top with a generous tablespoon of dried fruit crocanti. We already have the cup is ready to serve the guests.
You can see that it is a dessert that enters by sight, and a surprise in the mouth. Thanks to the crispness that gives the contrast point to the almost liquid yogurt filled with the creaminess of nougat cream.
A dessert that you should eat from the bottom up, dragging the crocanti with the cream. Really delicious!
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .
Tips for a glass of fluffy nougat
- You can also vary the recipe by adding any “toppin” you can think of to combine this glass. Fresh fruit (we have a lot of them in season), chocolate, raisins macerated in rum, oreo cookies, cereals, caramelized soybeans, matcha tea, cereals, granola , berries coulis, marzipan, hard almond nougat in small pieces …
- If you want to substitute Greek yogurt you have several options : You can add more creaminess and calories by replacing the yogurt with whipped cream.
- Also the soft cheese cream or a mascarpone cream. Even with nougat cream with more cream, although I think it would be too heavy.
- If you want to cut calories, I recommend another type of yogurt that you can prepare directly at home, the Frozen Yogurt .