- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.8 € / person
- 210kcal per 100g.
How to make vegan burgers with lentils and vegetables.
Although we are not vegan , we now know that reducing meat consumption at home and instead adding more legumes and vegetables to our diet is a good idea, both on a personal level to improve our health.
In addition, in a good way to help take care of our beloved planet a little more, something very necessary today.
These vegetable discs , which we commonly call hamburgers for their appearance, are a great alternative to those of animal origin and contrary to what it may seem, they are far from bland. If there is an unbeliever in the room, you will change your mind just by trying them.
Lentils are the basis for making these vegetable burgers , from there we can vary or add the ingredients we want.
The important thing is to get a compact dough that does not melt when frying – we can also make them in the oven . If we are too soft, we batter with some breadcrumbs and that’s it.
In addition, we can make in quantity and freeze to always have ready. Of these we can eat all we want, because in addition to being great they are very healthy.
Preparation of vegan burgers
- Chop the onion, red pepper and garlic into very small pieces or directly use a mixer or kitchen robot.
- Crush the lentils or crush them with a fork.
- We poach the onion in a pan with extra virgin olive oil, stirring occasionally so that it does not burn.
- When the transparent onion we add the garlic and the pepper.
- We braise 5-6 minutes.
- Add the lentil paste, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper to the sauce.
- Stir well and cook 5 minutes more. We turn off the fire and let it warm.
- With portions of dough we are forming the hamburgers, so that they come out more or less the same.
- First we make balls of similar size and then we crush them and we have just shaped a disk. If we see that they are too soft we can coat them with breadcrumbs.
- We leave the burgers on a tray on baking paper and refrigerate for a few hours or, better yet, overnight, so that the dough hardens.
- If we are in a hurry we go directly to freezing 30 minutes, to avoid breaking them when frying.
- In a frying pan with a little oil, fry the hamburgers 2-3 minutes on each side until they are golden brown.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for these vegan burgers . Do not miss any detail so that they come out of you delicious.
Tips for Vegan Fluffy Burgers
- We can mix various types of legumes or add some cereal such as cooked quinoa or oat flakes.
- If we add curry to the mixture, we will have some delicious curried burgers.
- Another healthier option is to make them in the oven. We only have to make them in the upper part of the oven, 5 minutes on each side (with the oven preheated to 200º C, heat up and down).