- 60 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 302kcal per 100g.
How to make shrimp croquettes .
If there is a recipe for harvesting par excellence, that is croquettes .
These small portions of dough admit all kinds of ingredients in their filling. From meats, fish, vegetables and even legumes. They are a perfect and delicious option to recycle that food that we have left over and give it a twist to make a class preparation.
We can prepare croquettes with octopus or with cooked meat that we have left. The croquettes with boiled or roasted chicken are impressive , the mussels croquettes always triumph, with that taco of ham that is left us orphaned or the traditional croquettes with cod . The possibilities cannot be wider.
Despite this, I don’t think I’m going to catalog today’s croquettes into recycling ones. At least in my house it is almost impossible for me to have something left over after having cooked some shrimp in garlic , surely there are not even crumbs left when we make them.
I especially recommend these shrimp croquettes for their flavor and their very creamy and aromatic texture, I am sure you will love them, we love them.
Preparation of the dough for shrimp croquettes
- We clean the prawns by removing their heads and skins. We reserve the shrimp bodies.
- In a large skillet, fry the heads and skins with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 15 g. of butter. We crush them with a fork to release their juice.
- We remove the heads from the pan paying special attention to removing any rest since we will continue to use the same satin with the juice that you have released the heads, to continue the process.
- We can use these heads to make a broth or fish soup and preserve it for another preparation.
- In the same pan add the rest of the butter (50 g.) And melt it. Add the reserved prawns with the minced garlic clove.
- We cook the prawns for 2 minutes trying not to brown them too much, so that they are tender. We remove the prawns.
- Add the flour to the same pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chopped shrimp, salt and a handful of finely chopped parsley.
- We incorporate a third of the milk and, with some rods, we begin to stir until the milk has been integrated.
- We add the rest of the milk little by little. In several batches, without stopping stirring with the rods, to undo all the lumps of the flour.
- We will do this process at medium temperature so that it cooks little by little.
- When we have added all the milk. And without stopping stirring, we let the mixture cook for 2 minutes.
- By the time it starts to boil, the cream would be ready. We should have a thicker but very creamy pasta.
Battering, frying and final presentation of shrimp croquettes
- We pour the dough of the croquettes in a source so that it is extended. With about 3 cm. thick and let it cool to room temperature.
- Cover with plastic wrap so that it does not form a crust. We store in the fridge overnight to obtain a hard consistency.
- We prepare the ingredients for the batter, the beaten eggs, the breadcrumbs and the flour in bowls.
- We form balls with the dough of the croquettes and pass them, initially by flour.
- We dip each ball of croquette in the beaten egg. Then, well drained, we coat them with the breadcrumbs.
- To get a very crispy outer crust I advise you to repeat the operation. We must bathe each ball again in egg and pass it a second time through the breadcrumbs.
- Heat in a deep frying pan a good amount of soft oil for frying. Once hot we are frying the croquettes .
- If we have a fryer, the croquettes will be completely submerged in the oil.
- But if it happens to you like me, you only have a frying pan. We have to take the precaution of bathing the croquettes with the oil on their upper face while they are frying. This will prevent them from opening and the filling comes out.
- These shrimp croquettes are a real treat. Ideal for both a party starter and an informal snack at home, a mouthful of yummy.
Do not miss any detail of the step by step of this recipe for shrimp croquettes that we like so much at home.
Tips for some yummy prawn croquettes
- When we want to make these shrimp croquettes we usually prepare them on purpose. We buy a few frozen shrimp and cook to make these mini bites for everyone’s enjoyment. Although it can be a recipe for use and recycling.
- The process is very easy although it is true that it takes time, the prawns are prepared in garlic. Taking advantage of the skins to make a flavored oil base, and mix it with a bechamel sauce .
- They are allowed to cool and the shape that we like the most is given, elongated or in small balls, they are coated in flour, egg and breadcrumbs and fried in abundant oil.
- The perfect thing would be to be able to make the fact of cooking croquettes a family moment. Thus we will have several hands to do this work in a chain and minimize time.