- 90 minutes
- For 6 people
- 1.8 € / person
- 390kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a Tartiflette. The dish I have prepared today is part of French cuisine , but I cannot really say that it is a classic.
The tartiflette was an invention of the producers of a type of French cheese, reblochón cheese , to increase their sales in 1980. Its origin is in the Savoy and Haute-Savoie area, surely from the Aravis area, the cradle of reblochon cheese. , and the dish has been so successful since its creation that today the Sarboardos feel identified with it, although it is already prepared throughout France, adapting the recipe to the shape of each house and the cheese of each area.
More or less something like this is what I have done, despite having tried I have not been able to get the reblochón cheese, so I have replaced it with a cheese that if I usually have at home, a cured and creamy Arzúa-Ulloa that is perfect with this recipe. We could also use any other melting and fatty cheese that we like Brie, Camembert … the one that best suits our palates.
It is a dish that is as tasty as it is filling, aromatic and creamy . The tartiflette is a recipe that you will like, it is complete, forceful, delicious and ideal to enjoy a magnificent meal, also if you accompany it with a delicious lettuce salad or even with tomato you will have a delicious menu.
Preparation of French fries
- We wash the potatoes and cook them whole and skinned in water.
- It is not necessary to salt the water, we will correct in the final assembly of the plate. Let them cook for 35 minutes, drain and let them temper.
- While the potatoes are cooking, peel the onion and cut it into thick julienne strips.
- We heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan and add the onion. We poach the onion until it is soft, for about 20 minutes. We reserve.
- Cut the bacon into thin strips and fry it in a small frying pan. We will not add any type of oil since the one that will release the bacon is enough for it to cook.
- When we see that it begins to roast we remove it from the fire.
- Add the bacon to the pan of the already poached onion and put it back on the fire.
- Add the wine and let it reduce the alcohol for 2 minutes. We remove from the fire and reserve.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1 cm slices. thick.
Baking and final presentation of the Tartiflette
- In a ovenproof dish that has a bottom, we begin to assemble the tartiflette.
- First we put a layer of potatoes and season them. Above we distribute half of the onion with bacon and we repeat the operation of placing potatoes and again onion.
- We water the assembly with the cream and on top we place the cheese in thick slices.
- With the oven previously heated to 200º C.
- We introduce the baking dish covered with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes and remove the paper.
- At this time we put the oven in the grill position and let the cheese brown for 10 minutes.
- We will serve hot portions of tartiflette fresh from the oven.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.
Tips for a yummy tartiflette
- The tartiflette au Reblochon is one of those recipes that everyone who loves cheese likes, it is a simple recipe with intense flavor. We don’t need much more to enjoy this typical dish of French gastronomy.
- When we cut the potatoes, they should be more or less the same size, so they will all cook equally.
- If we wanted to reduce some of its caloric intake, what we could do is replace the cream with evaporated milk, it will be somewhat less heavy. Anyway, it seemed like one of those dishes you start eating and you don’t stop, really good, a dish of yummy.
- This would be a perfect unique dish if we accompany it with a light salad of lettuce and tomato.