- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 1 / person
- 215kcal per 100g.
How to make braised chard .
One of the recipes with vegetables that we prepare the most at home are these Swiss chard with tomato .
Sometimes the chard do not have a very good press, but I assure you that it is one of the most leafy green leafy vegetables.
A very grateful vegetable in the kitchen but little appreciated, I think that spinach wins for a thrashing. You will not easily find this vegetable on a restaurant menu, much less on a menu, at most on some menu of the day.
In addition to being tasty, they are cheap, easy to grow and of course very well suited to mix with a lot of ingredients.
It is even a perfect vegetable to accompany some lentils or chickpeas and of course to be used as a filling, for example in lasagna or in cannelloni . And of course, in the form of an omelette, one of the richest recipes.
And if you want to try its most noble part, the pencas, I assure you that you will not regret it, they are delicious, sautéed, battered in tempura or simply with a little oil.
I leave you with a simple, tasty and full of vitamins recipe. A very complete dish for a healthy lunch or dinner , not only for the chard but for the contribution of the meat and the rest of the vegetables. Who are encouraged?
Preparation of the chard
- Heat two liters of water in a large saucepan. We wash the chard and chop the leaves and stalks.
- When it starts to boil add 2 generous handfuls of salt and a splash of oil. You can also add a splash of lemon to remove the bitter taste from the chard.
- Then we add them and leave them boiling for 20 minutes. Drain the chard and reserve.
Preparation of chard with bacon and tomato
- Peel the onions and the garlic cloves. We wash the peppers and chop everything into small pieces.
- Add a good oil to the casserole and fry the onions, garlic and peppers over low heat until golden. It will take 5-10 minutes.
- Add the bacon previously cut into strips. We cook with the rest of the ingredients until it changes color and releases all its flavor.
- We rectify salt and pepper.
- We blanch the tomatoes, remove the skin and cut them into cubes. Add the touch of paprika from La Vera.
- We remove everything gently and finally add the tomatoes. Let it cook for 10 minutes. We add half a tablespoon of sugar to correct the acidity that the tomato gives.
- We remove from the fire and add the drained chard. We remove everything and serve very hot.
- We already have a perfect dish to eat some vegetables and start the week with energy.
If it is left over, it can be stored in the fridge without problem and even frozen for another occasion. Perfect recipe for this week’s tupper job.
You can see all the photos of the step by step of this recipe for Swiss chard with bacon and tomato in this album.