- 120 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 312kcal per 100g.
How to make sweet conches . I am a fan of homemade pastries, it is possible to make countless buns at home, surely, they will have nothing to envy, if not the opposite, to those that we can buy industrially.
It is true that you need some time to dedicate to this type of masses, but the result is worth it. To enjoy some brioches home or one bollicao as usual but done with our hands, in my opinion is priceless.
Today I bring you the recipe for some sweet conches that, I am totally sure will hook you. The result is a fluffy sweet bite, with a super aromatic dough and plenty of flavor.
In a relatively short time we have some homemade natural muffins for the snack of our little ones, or perfect for a tribute breakfast.
On this occasion, the conches are prepared without filling since it is not really necessary for them to be delicious. Even so, we can always enrich these buns by filling them with sugar and cinnamon, or chocolate, or even decorating them with some raisins.
The shells will be at their best the same day of their preparation, for that reason and to be able to always enjoy them at their optimum point, we can always prepare and freeze them, once baked and cold.
Thus we will have perfect sweet conches at the time that we want. I encourage you to launch into the theme of homemade pastries, the result will surprise you and, if it happens to you like me, you will also enjoy the process.
Preparation of sweet conches
- In a bowl we mix all the ingredients. On this occasion I have used an electric mixer or a food processor for kneading.
- With 8 or 10 minutes the work of the dough will suffice. If we opt for the kneaded monkey, I recommend you spend a few more minutes.
- We put the dough in a floured bowl and cover it with transparent paper.
- We let it rest for about 30 minutes in a warm place and without currents, the interior of the previously tempered oven is a perfect place.
- We divide the dough into portions of about 60 gr. and we shape each one. We stretch each portion with an elongated roller, you can see it in the step by step in photos.
- With a knife we make deep incisions along the dough, but without cutting it completely. We roll up the piece and fold it over itself making a conch shell.
- We place each portion on the baking sheet on a paper towel. We must put them apart from each other since they will still grow quite a lot. We let the conches rest for another 30 minutes in the still warm oven, until they double their volume.
- We paint the conches with a pinch of melted butter, sprinkle with plenty of sugar and bake, with the oven previously heated to 180º C, for 20 minutes.
- If we see that the conch roasts too much during the baking, we cover them with aluminum foil.
- We remove the snails from the oven and let them cool on a rack before enjoying them.
You are perfect freshly made, and they will make you enjoy some delicious snacks, accompanied by a coffee, who gives more!
Be sure to enjoy all the yummy sweets in our dessert recipes. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .