- 90 minutes
- For 6 people
- 3.8 € / person
- 212kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a monkfish suquet or rap suquet . Suquet is a seafood dish, of Catalan origin, traditionally prepared with fish, suquet de peix or fish suquet.
But not only in Catalonia we can find suquets . In the Valencian community or in the Balearic Islands, it is customary to prepare this fish recipe where the sea is the protagonist. Today I bring you the recipe of one of the suquets that I like the most, the suquet de monkfish or suquet de rap .
As in most of the seafood stews you find on the blog, a Galician-style hake stew , the delicious potato stew with monkfish or in a simple fish and seafood soup , are to be prepared with time and with care, without haste . Prepare a good base with a monkfish stew, stew the tomato in time so that it remains concentrated, add the potatoes at the right time so that they are impregnated with flavor and include a chopped with almonds, garlic bread and parsley, are the secrets of this recipe.
If you want to enjoy the table with a classy seafood dish, I encourage you to prepare this monkfish suquet . A full-fledged seafood stew, to which you must dedicate care and time to prepare, but also to enjoy.
Before starting with the monkfish stew or suquet
- We clean the monkfish by removing the outer skin and the central bone. Chop the meat into cubes of about 2 cm. and we reserve them.
- We put the lady to soak in hot water to rehydrate and reserve.
- We prepare the fish broth for our suquet. For this, in a saucepan we put the washed leek, the peeled onion, the bones and skins of the monkfish, a bunch of parsley, the carrots and salt. We cook all the ingredients for 30 minutes, strain and reserve.
- In a saucepan, brown a diced garlic clove. When we see that they begin to brown, add the crushed tomato. Cook the tomato over medium low heat, until it has reduced enough, about 30 minutes.
- We add the lady’s meat that we can remove from inside with the help of a teaspoon and incorporate the diced peeled potatoes.
- Sprinkle the Vera paprika and fry the potatoes for 3 or 4 minutes. Everything should be well impregnated before the next step.
Monkfish suquet cooking and final presentation
- We incorporate the fish broth that we have reserved, about 1 liter. We cook for 20 minutes.
- While the soup is cooking, fry the other garlic clove together with the peeled almonds until golden. We remove the garlic and almonds and add the bread adding a little more oil if necessary.
- Once we have the bread, the almonds and the garlic already fried, we mix everything in a mortar together with a good bunch of parsley. We mash all the ingredients well and add it to the casserole.
- Once the 20 minutes of cooking have passed, we add this mash to the casserole and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- We also incorporate the fish that we have reserved and we finish the process when the fish is in its point about 7 or 8 minutes.
- We serve this great dish very hot and sprinkling each dish with a pinch of fresh parsley. It is a classic recipe, delicious and worthy of the best of the tables.
If you want to surprise yours, do not hesitate, this monkfish suquet will let you stay as kings. It is a delicious delicacy.
Tips for a fluffy suquet
- Like many of the traditional stews that have survived to this day, this recipe had a humble origin.
- It was prepared by fishermen with the remains of discarded catches, whether they were fish or shellfish, everything fit in the suquet. The monkfish suquet has reached our days turned into a true gastronomic delight.
- The stew with all the essence of the fish, the minced or mashed with almonds, garlic and bread, so typical of the cuisine of the Mediterranean, the potatoes to give texture to the broth and enrich the dish and a first-rate fish, make up this great recipe.
- This fish recipe is also suitable for a special dinner with the couple or the family, on certain dates or simply because. Do not miss the step by step of this monkfish suquet on the next album. This will be perfect for you.