- 40 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 315kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a nougat flan .
If you are one of those who love nougat and are looking forward to the Christmas dates to enjoy this sweet of ours, this is your dessert.
As I am a total fan of nougat, especially soft nougat, I am not satisfied with enjoying it like this, as it is, I love preparing desserts to surprise with nougat as a base . It is an egg custard enriched with soft almond nougat.
Its texture is creamy and its flavor is a mix between that of traditional egg custard and the creamy and incredible almond nougat of a lifetime. The process could not be easier, it is about combining all the ingredients and baking in a bain-marie.
Even so, and to guarantee a successful result we have to take into account some detail. Depending on the type of mold we are going to use, the oven time will vary.
If we use small individual molds, 30 minutes of oven will suffice. On the other hand, if the mold is unique, it will surely take 1 hour or even more to bake the flan.
You can not stop preparing this wonder of dessert, easy and very successful, all a delicious dessert.
Preparation of nougat flan
- With the help of a fork, crush the nougat until it is broken. In a bowl, put the nougat undone with the milk and crush with the mixer or in a kitchen robot until there are no lumps.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until the mixture turns whitish. Add the nougat cream and milk and mix well. We reserve.
- While the oven is preheated to 175º C and we make the caramel.
- In a small saucepan put the 5 tablespoons of sugar and heat over high heat. When we see that it begins to take color we lower the fire a little and tilting the saucepan we move it until we see that the sugar has turned golden.
- Be very aware of the candy as it is very easy for it to burn and become bitter.
- We have to be especially careful when handling it as it reaches a very high temperature during the process. A caramel burn would be fatal.
- We can also skip this step and use ready-made caramel, so the work would be zero. We pour the liquid caramel in the flaneras.
- In this case I have used individual flaneras but if you use a single flanera we would pour everything into it. We fill each flanera with the mixture that we have reserved.
Cooking and final presentation of the nougat flan
- We place the flaneras in a large tray with 3 fingers of water. Bake for 30 minutes or until the tip of a knife is inserted, it comes out clean.
- If we are going to use a single flannel, the baking time increases considerably.
- It will take 1 hour 30 minutes for the flan to set. In any case, it will also depend on the mold that we are going to use. If it is very deep or flat but big. So it is best to be on the lookout and click on the flan to check what state it is in.
- Once baked, let the flans cool to room temperature and then in the fridge until ready to eat.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.
Tips and recommendations for a yummy flan
- Proof of what I am telling you is the number of sweet recipes that I have already prepared with this Christmas delight, from some nougat custard with chestnuts, nougat tiramisu , the well-known coulant but with Xixona nougat , biscuits and nougat cakes , up to the incredible nougat ice cream . In this list I was missing one of the most typical desserts, the flan, and of course the nougat flan could not be less, a dessert that will let you stay as kings in any of the dinners or Christmas meals.
- We can substitute milk for cream or combine whole milk with semi-skimmed milk. That will go a little to the taste of the consumer, we only have to take into account the caloric intake of cream with respect to milk. Although it will give a little more creaminess to the final result.
- If we want to reduce the preparation time we can use an express pot by placing the covered flange. Either with its own lid, if it had one, or with aluminum foil. Fill the pot with water to about the height of the mixture. Cover the pot and cook 15 minutes.
- The creme caramel nougat is a recipe for exploitation. It is so rich, that it makes you want to buy more nougat tablets to be able to do it on more occasions.
- It is a dessert that is not cloying and its texture is more consistent than traditional flans so it does not require more accompaniment to enjoy it.
- Be sure to enjoy all the Christmas sweets that we have in our dessert recipes .