- 8 beef steaks
- 2 cups of steamed rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- 1 bunch of cilantro washed and finely chopped
- 1 chile de Arbol cut into thin slices
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- ½ tbsp. ground oregano
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp. white vinegar
- To make the sauce: In a bowl mix all the ingredients until they are integrated and let it rest for at least 4 hours at room temperature.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper and spread a little of the sauce on both sides.
- In a skillet with a non-stick coating, fry the steaks until cooked; remove them.
- Distribute the rice among the serving plates and arrange the steaks on top.
We love to prepare steaks for our meals, and we can do it in many different ways. A very delicious option is this steak with chimichurri sauce , with a very original flavor. Don’t stop trying it!
A LITTLE HISTORY ABOUT THE STEAK
The history of the steak has its origins in the period of the Conquest of America, when the Spaniards traveled in their ships, they brought with them thin slices of meat that they could keep in good condition thanks to the salt.
Later, the Spanish began to bring live calves to American lands. The consumption of red meat was, and continues to be, the basis of their traditional diet, which is why the consumption of red meat became very popular in New Spain and the rest of America.
Jerky, salted and smoked meat, was the first to be consumed. However, the weather conditions and the fresh meat accessible throughout the year allowed the meat to be prepared over low heat without the need for it to dry out, thus giving rise to the steak.
Tip: preferably, prepare the chimichurri 2 or 3 days in advance so that the flavor is concentrated; Store in a tightly covered jar in the refrigerator.