- 30 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 362kcal per 100g.
How to make some cookies with white chocolate . We go with a recipe for cookies that we love for adults and children and it is that it is fun from its preparation until there is not a crumb left on the plate.
Ideal for a snack or to take to a friend’s house and have a good time of socializing. This is a cookie recipe made with chocolate dough and to make them more original I have made them with white chocolate chips . These nuggets are more difficult to obtain than the dark chocolate ones, that’s why I have encouraged myself and made them at home. It is a very easy but laborious process, and in return it allows us to make nuggets of the type of chocolate that we prefer.
Do you like crispy cookies? Or are you more of a soft and juicy cookie? In my case it depends a lot on the day, today’s cookies are crisp and full of flavor, a classic of American pastries, the famous chocolate chip cookies . In this case they go with white chocolate, we are equally passionate about chocolate, Jimena the purest cocoa and me the sweetest butter, this cookie is the combination of the two flavors.
As you can imagine, today there are hundreds, thousands of recipes for this famous cookie. This is one of all those that circulate on the network , but one of my favorites. They are easy to prepare and crispy on the outside with a dense and soft heart. These cookies stored in an airtight container will last us several days, but I don’t think you will ever see how many, surely they will end much sooner. They are delicious!
Preparation of the chocolate chips
- The ideal is to buy the chocolate chips, but in this case, being white chocolate they are more difficult to find. If you have them magnificent, if not we will show you how you can do them .
- Chop the chocolate bar, put it in a bowl and put it in the microwave for 2 minutes at 600W to get it to melt completely.
- We introduce the melted chocolate, in our case in the sauce boat. You can use a pastry bag or even if you don’t have one you can use a frozen bag by minimally cutting off one of the corners.
- We put an oven paper on a tray, that fits in the freezer.
- We start making rows of chocolate drops. If when making the nugget the chocolate does not have consistency and expands we must let it cool a little more.
- It may happen that after taking the nuggets for a while, the chocolate cools and the nozzle becomes clogged. Nothing happens, we unclog the nozzle, put the can in the microwave for 1 minute and continue.
- Once finished we put the tray in the freezer and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- We remove them from the freezer, take them off the baking paper, put them in a container and they are ready to use. We reserve.
Preparation of chocolate cookies
- We preheat the oven to 180º C and place vegetable paper on the tray.
- We put the dark chocolate, crumbled into bars, in a bowl. We put it in the microwave to melt it, about 2.5 minutes at 600 W.
- We sift the flour, cocoa, salt and reserve. Although the butter has to be at room temperature. We have put it in the microwave for 1 minute at 600 W so that it mixes better. This way we avoid having lumps.
- We add the two types of sugar and beat everything with the rods.
- Add the melted dark chocolate and mix everything.
- Add the vanilla and the cold egg. We beat. Little by little we are adding the rest of the ingredients, without stopping to beat so that they mix perfectly. Flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda first.
- When we have a homogeneous paste we add the chocolate chips and with a spatula introduce them into the paste.
- We leave some to place on top and make the cookies more attractive.
Baking and final presentation of our cookies
- Now is the time to make the cookies, and for this we simply place small piles of dough on the baking sheet.
- We can help ourselves with an ice cream spoon or with a couple of soup spoons.
- We leave enough separation between them to prevent them from sticking when the dough expands during baking.
- Bake about 15 minutes. We check that they are made if a toothpick comes out dry from the dough.
- We leave the cookies on the tray, about 5 minutes. A little time before transferring them very carefully to a rack with the help of a wide spatula so that they cool completely.
- This helps them finish cooling and harden slightly.
- If we are going to use the same tray again, we have to wait for it to cool down before placing the next batch.
Trivia and tips for some yummy cookies
- The history of these cookies is curious, Ruth Graves, who ran the Toll House Inn in Whitman, Massachusetts. He was one day preparing his chocolate chip cookies when he realized he had run out of chocolate to melt. So he took a tablet of pure chocolate. Chop it up and add the little bits to the dough waiting for them to melt during the baking time. They did not and that is how the well-known chocolate chip cookies were born .
- Once these cookies are cold, they can be kept in a sealed container at room temperature for at least a week. A very original detail to take to a snack with friends or to the home of your children’s friends.
- They are a sweet temptation for almost any time of the day. Perfect for dessert, after dinner with coffee or snack, although now you want more to accompany them with a good glass of cold milk. The result will convince young and old although we warn, its flavor is strong! Very good and easy, what more could you ask for?
- Be sure to enjoy all the yummy sweets in our dessert recipes .
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.