- 60 minutes
- For 6 people
- 3.5 € / person
- 182kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a seafood soup . Today’s recipe is more than a soup, despite its name, it is a culinary display where the sea is the protagonist.
Especially in countries with some type of coast, seafood soup is always one of their culinary proposals.
How to be able to contain yourself in the preparation of any type of dish where fish and seafood, cooked with care, are the protagonists.
Like the fish and seafood soup that we have on the blog today I bring you a delicious variation.
A seafood soup recipe with a handful of round SOS rice that couldn’t be more delicious .
This type of fish and seafood recipes combine the comfort of a good soup in the same dish.
With a good base that gives it flavor and texture, with a stew, in this case seafood and crustaceans.
It is a simple preparation but it takes time. We must get a broth with substance and flavor, and a good treatment of fish and seafood to have a perfect result.
Vegetables, carbohydrates and proteins, together in the form of a delicious dish, worthy of a great meal with which you will be like kings.
Preparation of the seafood soup
- We put the clams in a bowl covering them with abundantly salty water. We let them rest for 2 hours until they have removed all the sand and impurities inside. We drain and wash them and reserve them.
- We remove the fish bone and reserve the meat of the hake and the bone to make the broth.
- We peel the prawns and reserve their meat on one side, and the skins and head on the other.
- We wash the mussel shell well to remove sand and impurities. We remove the beards and shells that may have stuck.
- In a saucepan we put the mussels clean. We add 1 finger of water and the 75 ml. of cognac. Cook the mussels until they open. Drain the mussels and remove them from their shell. We strain the broth and reserve it.
Soup cooking and final presentation
- In a saucepan, fry the heads and skins of the prawns with a splash of oil.
- We add the hake bones, the peeled onion, in a bunch of parsley and cover with the broth from the cooking of the mussels that we have reserved.
- Fill with 800 ml. of water and we cook the broth for about 20 minutes. We strain the broth and reserve it.
- In a saucepan, fry the carrot and leek, cut into cubes, for about 15 minutes. Add the peas and rice.
- We cover with the fish broth that we will have ready. We salt and cook for 15 more minutes.
- We add the hake cut into cubes, without bones or skins, the prawns and the clams already cleaned. We cook for 5 more minutes.
- Finally, incorporate the mussels we have reserved, turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
We serve this complete and tasty seafood soup, very warm. It is a very tasty, healthy, light and very nutritious dish. A first class to stay as kings on any occasion.
Tips and advice for a yummy seafood soup
- For this reason, it is important to prepare a good vegetable sauce, which we can season with some spice or herb and flavor the broth with some quality alcohol.
- We can prepare seafood soup with almost any fish or seafood that we want, but it is true that some are more suitable than others.
- In today’s recipe we have used mussels, clams, prawns and hake. We should try to get the most out of each of them. Taking great care of their cooking, we should not overcook fish or shellfish, as they would lose all their texture and flavor.
- To complete the recipe, we add rice. This will give the soup a creaminess that will make part of the liquid fat. It is almost a dish that we could consume as unique due to the variety of nutrients that we will have on the plate.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog. Do not miss the step by step of this seafood soup recipe .