How to make a summer rice salad . Without a doubt , salad recipes succeed in summer, with the heat what you want is to eat fresh and quick things like this rice salad.
The idea of associating only salads with a plate of lettuce, tomato and onion is totally false. As an example that we can prepare a totally summer rice salad with many other ingredients. An option that I bring you today, a rice salad with tuna, pineapple and prawns .
Salads are one of the most versatile dishes when it comes to quickly solving everyday food. Whether it’s to take to work, to enjoy at home or to spend a full day at the beach, a salad is one of the best options to enjoy a complete, healthy and fresh meal.
To fully enjoy this recipe, the ideal is not to season the rice salad until the moment it is going to be served. In the event that I would take it to work or picnic , we simply have to carry the dressing in a jar aside and season it when we want.
Another benefit of deciding on salads is that it admits countless ingredients. For this reason, if one is not to your liking, or you simply do not have it in the pantry, we can replace it with the one that we most like.
In this case the star ingredient is rice , in this case we have used special SOS rice for salads . We are going to add a touch of color and different textures, mixing long, slightly crispy wild rice and brown red rice.
Preparation of the rice and the accompaniments
- We start by cooking the eggs for 7 minutes. We cool them in cold water, peel and reserve.
- Chop the pineapple slices into cubes, the cooked prawns, the cherry tomatoes in halves and the olives in quarters. When the eggs are warm, cut them into quarters. We reserve.
- We cook the rice in 600 ml. of water with a pinch of salt. For this we put water to boil in a saucepan (1 and 1/2 parts of water for each part of rice). Once it comes to a boil add a good handful of salt and the rice.
- Let it cook until the water has evaporated (approximately 20 minutes). It is a little longer than usual because we are cooking wild rice, it has to be perfect. You can try to make it to your liking.
- Once the rice is cooked, we pass it under a stream of cold water and drain it. We can do it a couple of times so that the rice is very loose. It must be warm or cold before mixing with the rest of the ingredients. We reserve.
Mix and final presentation of the rice salad
- In a salad bowl we add the rice and the ingredients that we have chopped, the olives, the pineapple, the prawns, the eggs and the tomatoes. We also incorporate the shredded tuna and capers.
- We prepare the dressing in a glass jar with a lid. Add the oil, the mustard, the salt and the ground black pepper. We cover the jar and shake well.
- We water the salad with the dressing, incorporate the nuts to taste and integrate all the ingredients well so that they are impregnated with the dressing.
A great option to take care of yourself, it is a healthy, light and super tasty dish, perfect to enjoy a good meal anywhere and anytime.
This summer rice salad is a great recommendation but not the only one, on the blog you will find plenty of options to eat yummy salads throughout the year.
Tips for a yummy rice salad
- When the heat is hot, fresh dishes are desirable, adding rice and some protein (such as tuna and prawns) you have a unique, complete and ideal dish to combat high temperatures.
- In addition, this salad is a very complete dish, just like a pasta salad , since it contains the hydrates of rice, the proteins of the egg and the prawns, as well as the vitamins of the vegetables, so it can be served as a single dish. .
- Tune this salad, add different vinaigrettes, make them with mustard as on this occasion, with honey, use Modena vinegar or other vinegars of your choice. Change the vinegar for lemon or lime or add that crisp point with onion, nuts or toasted oats, even sesame. Adapt the recipe to your tastes and enjoy a healthy and nutritious dish.
Did you like it? Share it!
Share Tweet Pin it To print
Receive a weekly email with new recipes and yummy recommendations.