- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 2 / person
- 182kcal per 100g.
How to prepare grilled cuttlefish .
The fish recipe that I present today is one of those healthy and balanced that without subtracting a great taste at all, allow us to maintain a healthy diet. A recipe low in calories and rich in benefits for our body.
Cuttlefish is a cephalopod mollusk that, depending on the region of Spain where we are, we can see it with different names, cuttlefish, choco or cachón are some of them. As with most shellfish and shellfish, cuttlefish is a food with lots of high-quality protein.
Despite providing a very low amount of calories to our diet, it is not convenient to abuse, since it has a high cholesterol index. Its contribution in vitamins of type A and B and minerals such as calcium, iron, iodine, magnesium, zinc, selenium or sodium, make it a complete product and very interesting culinary speaking.
Today’s recipe, grilled cuttlefish with vegetables , is very simple to prepare. It is a very tasty dish like the elaborate cuttlefish meatballs that you can find on the blog.
- The first step is to prepare the cuttlefish leaving it very clean. We will ask our fishmonger to remove the viscera and clean it as much as possible.
- At home we remove the dark skin that covers it. We arm ourselves with patience to eliminate the thin and transparent curtain that covers its entire surface.
- This is harder work on this recipe. To get a cuttlefish that is not very hard and leathery, it is necessary to remove this skin. Surely during the fry it will be rubbery and will make the cuttlefish hard.
- We can also try freezing and thawing it before cooking it, this process, just like the octopus, will break its fibers and make it more tender. In any case, these tips are as long as the cuttlefish we buy is fresh.
- Once we have the clean cuttlefish we chop it to our liking and reserve it.
Preparation of grilled cuttlefish with vegetables
- We wash the carrots and cut them into brunoise, into small pieces. We wash the red pepper, remove the inner seeds and cut them the same size as the carrot.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large skillet and add the carrots and bell pepper.
- Fry the vegetables for 15 minutes over medium heat. Stirring occasionally, until we see that the carrot begins to soften.
- We wash and remove the outer leaves of the leek and cut it into cubes.
- Add the leek to the pan. We continue cooking for 10 more minutes, until the leek begins to soften. We salted and reserved.
- We prepare a mashed with minced parsley, the chopped garlic cloves and a splash of olive oil and reserve it.
- We put a pan on the fire clean and without oil. When it is hot add the chopped cuttlefish. We leave for a few minutes with the intention that it evaporates into the water it may have inside. Once dry, add the garlic and parsley mash and fry it for a few minutes.
- We add the vegetables that we have reserved and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the recipe for grilled cuttlefish with vegetables. Do not lose detail and it will be perfect.
Tips for a perfect grilled cuttlefish
- We serve cuttlefish with hot vegetables in individual dishes. We can accompany this dish with some fried potatoes and without more we will have a healthy, nutritious and very tasty dish, of course I recommend it.
- We can choose vegetables from all over the garden to accompany this cephalopod. It is simply cooking the vegetables with a pinch of oil to leave them almost al dente braised in their own juices.
- When it comes to cuttlefish, and to make it look as tender as possible, we have several options. We can freeze it previously to break its fibers, as it happens with the octopus.
- Also cook it before passing it on the griddle or remove the thin and transparent rib that covers its entire surface. In addition to the skin, and that will make us get a softer and tastier cuttlefish.