- 35 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.8 € / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make pumpkin muffins.
These muffins so Halloween , are the American version of our traditional cupcakes . And like them, they allow us endless tastes and fillings.
We can prepare muffins sweet or savory, from the famous chocolate muffins from the blog that many visitors have with this contrast acid of blueberry muffins , sweet muffins banana those of raspberry and yogurt or carrot muffins up some delicious muffins salted with goat cheese.
Taking advantage of the fact that we are in the middle of pumpkin season and that we have had a lot to spare by decorating this year’s Halloween pumpkin , we have prepared some delicious pumpkin muffins with a delicious cheese frosting .
The pumpkin will add a sweet touch, juiciness and extra fluffiness to this sweet. Combining the softness that the cream cheese provides, increasing its flavor and improving its texture.
They are like small mini pumpkin cakes . Of course it could not be missing in our dessert recipes .
Pumpkin muffins are a fun and easy way to make a snack for Halloween.
In case you do not like the macabre style of witch fingers , sausage mummies or vomit of guacamole , to take an example, but you prefer something more traditional and that always succeeds. In addition, the smallest can help you without problem because they are very easy to prepare.
Preparation of pumpkin muffins
- The first thing we have to do is preheat the oven to 180º C with heat up and down to 160º C if it has a fan.
- We cook the pumpkin for 15 minutes and drain well in a strainer.
- If necessary, press with a fork to remove all the remaining water. We reserve and cool the puree.
- In a bowl we mix the dry ingredients minus the sugar and the pumpkin puree. We sift the flour, yeast, salt, bicarbonate and reserve.
- In another large bowl beat the eggs with the sugar, the vanilla and the butter in the ointment. We beat well until the mixture foams.
- We mix the pumpkin puree and then add the solids mixture, continuing to beat at minimum speed, just enough to mix, without going over the smoothie.
- We are adding the flour and integrating with a spatula without beating the mixture in excess. Only what is necessary for the dough to be integrated. We reserve.
- Bake, with the oven previously heated to 180º C, with heat up and down, for 20 or 25 minutes. We check that our muffins are cooked by clicking with a stick and verifying that it comes out clean. We reserve.
Cheese frosting preparation
- To prepare the cream, beat the cream cheese with the icing sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, until it is a consistency similar to that of whipped cream.
- I advise that the cheese is at room temperature, so it will be easier for us to beat it with the sugar. We reserve.
- We reduce the speed to the minimum and add the melted butter but not hot. Once incorporated into the mixture, it is raised to medium-high speed and beaten for one more minute.
- Place in a pastry bag and keep in the fridge until it is used to fill and decorate the pumpkin muffins.
- If we want to tune the frosting, give it your touch or flavor it, we can add the zest of a lemon or lime, a tablespoon of vanilla extract, a few pieces of chocolate or a pinch of cinnamon. To your liking.
Final decoration of pumpkin muffins
- In no time we have ready some category muffins. We only have to unmold the muffins once they have cooled.
- To start covering the muffins with a pastry bag, they must be cold. Otherwise, the frosting would lose its initial consistency.
- You only need to put the adapter with the chosen nozzle on your pastry bag, also without it (only by cutting the tip).
- We take the sleeve from the top, to help the cheese frosting go down towards the mouthpiece, therefore we will press from the height of the closure.
- With the sleeve positioned vertically over the carrot muffin, start from the center out until we reach the outer edge.
- We decorate to your liking. In the photo you have a presentation idea.
Perfect for snacks or breakfasts for children and adults. We will not need more than a coffee, or a glass of milk to accompany these great snacks.
Tips for some yummy pumpkin muffins
- The pumpkin is rich in vitamins A and C, in minerals such as magnesium, manganese, potassium or calcium, rich in fatty acids, fiber and is also light and low in calories. Come on, it’s perfect to have on our weekly menu, not just desserts. Being sweet it is perfect for stews, creams or purees.
- When they are in the oven we must test if they are perfect with the technique of pricking a toothpick or a fork, if resistance is not offered and it comes out clean, they will be perfect.
- We must also let them cool on a rack before unmolding and decorate with the cheese frosting. Although without it they are also delicious. We have decorated them with a mini pumpkin to crown the cream cheese, you can buy it ready-made or make it at home.
- You can tune the dough a little by adding nuts or chocolate chips, they will give that funny touch of the stumbling block that you touch when eating them.
- When carving and decorating your pumpkin, do not discard the pumpkin seeds. Wash them, dry them and put them in the oven while you prepare the mixture. Take them out there with the muffins and use them to decorate or eat, they are very rich.