- Very easy
- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.7 € / person
- 245kcal per 100g.
How to make a curry pumpkin cream .
At this time of year, you definitely want to have a nice bowl of warm vegetable cream . A cremone to warm up quickly and above all take that amount of vitamins and minerals that the body needs.
A Galician caldito , some garlic soups or those already famous on the blog, onion soups , are not bad at all but even more exciting is the wide repertoire of purees and creams that we can make.
I thought that to combat the arrival of cold I propose a simple pumpkin cream with a touch of curry and nutmeg . I assure you that it will make your dinner on the sofa the best in the world.
My father gave me a pumpkin from his garden, it was so big that he gave me to prepare various dishes: a pumpkin pie , some quail with pumpkin , pear and apple and the most successful one, pumpkin cream , today’s recipe .
In the autumn kitchen , ” we must not forget the rite of creams, it is one of the best of the year “. In addition to being good, original and very easy to prepare.
It is a dish for any day of the week or even for a holiday with a different touch. For example, like the one I presented you for the previous Christmas, replacing the water with a broth of fish and seafood . You will see how you are going to repeat the dish, for sure!
Preparation of the base of our pumpkin cream
- We peel the leek and cut into two because we are only going to use the white part, if it is too small or thin, we will use two.
- We put it in a large saucepan, with two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, you will see that it does not take much oil for it to poach.
- In the same way we peel the onion and cut into large dice. We add it directly to the casserole with the leek.
- Stir and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, until it is more or less translucent or transparent.
- Meanwhile we wash and peel the pumpkin, carrots and potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces and add them to the same casserole with the leek and onion, sprinkle with fine salt.
Pumpkin cream cooking
- The carrots can be cut into very small pieces or directly crumbled in the blender of the mixer. The smaller the pieces, the faster it will be made.
- We cut the pumpkin into slices and we keep two of them in reserve to then prepare a small garnish that accompanies the cream.
- The rest of the slices we chop very well or we pass through the grinder of the mixer in the same way as the carrots.
- We put everything in the saucepan and stir well, frying for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- We add a liter of water (if you want to give it more flavor you can use a vegetable or bird broth) and let it cook until everything is soft, about twenty minutes over medium-high heat is enough.
- We try salt and if necessary add.
- It’s time to add a tablespoon of curry and a half of nutmeg, to give a different and more exotic touch to your cream.
- Crush with the mixer until you get a creamy texture. A slightly thick cream should remain. We already have the cream ready to serve very hot.
Final presentation of the cream with the pumpkin pieces
- While resting we prepare the garnish. We just have to cut the pumpkin that we have reserved in Brunoise (a way to cut the vegetables into small cubes of 1 to 2 mm on a side) on a cutting board.
- We put all the dice in a bowl and add curry powder, salt and nutmeg.
- We put a frying pan over medium heat with a good splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- We throw the pieces of pumpkin, we are going to pass it for 10 minutes until they obtain a golden color, dark orange.
- We choose a nice deep dish, add a generous tablespoon of very hot cream.
- Place in the middle part of the pieces of pochadita pumpkin and sprinkle with a pinch of Maldon salt.
I assure you that it is a daily dish, very simple and easy to cook.
You can see all the step by step photos of this pumpkin cream recipe in this album.
Tips for a yummy pumpkin cream
- If the texture of the cream is a little fat, very thick, we can add a little more water or whole milk to the point that we like at home.
- Another option when presenting the cream is to make croutons, croutons or croutons of fried bread. You can even give it a rich garlic flavor with a touch of flavored oil.
- If you dare with croutons, you just have to cut the slices of bread into small squares or more or less equal cubes. And with a little olive oil in a frying pan, fry until golden.
- A ten-point recipe to eat vegetables during the week, a base plate for more complicated recipes or even an effective method for your children to eat vegetables. Long live autumn!