- 5 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.6 € / person
- 580kcal per 100g.
How to make a pesto sauce with walnuts . Many times a sauce recipe , you are so pleasantly surprised that you can not stop sharing it, one of those that you keep for yourself because it is really good, this is the case, a pesto with nuts.
But as always, although I have not distributed boats around the neighborhood, I share it on the blog. It is a sauce based on the traditional Genoese pesto , but much easier to prepare, since it does not go the old-fashioned way, in mortar. We have also substituted some ingredient that lightens the price a lot, making it a sauce for all budgets.
Yes, it does not have pine nuts and it is with the crusher, but I assure you that it is very good. A pesto that has nothing to do with the pestos they usually sell in supermarkets, a combination of a good extra virgin olive oil, fresh basil, cheese, Galician nuts and salt, the perfect accompaniment to many recipes based on pasta, vegetables , meat and fish.
With which we complete our section of sauces with another type of Italian pesto , but do not forget to try the pesto rosso , remember that it will not be my last test. Surely you’ve tried dozens of pesto sauces , but what about one of walnuts? Starting from the traditional Genoese green pesto recipe, we want to share with you a new version, where instead of pine nuts we will use walnuts.
Be that as it may, I encourage you to prepare this sauce at home, accompany it with your favorite pasta and you will repeat, over and over again. You will tell me!
Preparation of green pesto with walnuts
- It can be prepared in the traditional way as we teach in the Genoese pesto recipe . The elaboration does not entail any difficulty. We can do it in a mortar and mash all the ingredients or crush them.
- This time we prepare it with the grinder (it is only a venial sin and it is faster).
- We wash the fresh basil leaves well and drain. Peel the garlic clove and add it to the glass.
- We grate the cured cheese, we must grate it at the moment, so that it has all its flavor and aroma.
- We will place everything in a bowl and crush until there is a paste similar to a puree or light sauce. The best thing is that simply add everything at once and crush until a paste is formed, it does not have to be very fine either.
- Remember to chop the basil well so that it does not get tangled in the mixer blades.
Everything will depend on how and why we want to use it, since it is a very versatile and tasty sauce that combines with hundreds of recipes. One of the best sauces I know. This sauce is not only good for Italian recipes, you can accompany some potatoes, pasta, pizza base , as well as some fish or even vegetables.
I encourage you to visit more recipes for tapas, snacks and pinchos perfect for an unforgettable evening with yours.
Tips for a pesto with yummy nuts
- Water is a wild card that we can add little by little if we consider that the sauce has been too thick.
- When crushing or mashing the pesto with walnuts we can also add more garlic, even a touch of spice, with a bit of chilli or chili pepper. It is a matter of taste.
- In the details of this sauce is the difference, so do not hesitate to use a good extra virgin olive oil, it will provide the smoothness and flavor that this recipe for walnut pesto sauce requires. In addition to walnuts, in this case the walnuts of the town, a very tasty walnut, small but full of flavor.
- The original pesto recipe, as you know, does not contain nuts, however, they provide a very rich point. And I have already told you on the blog a lot of times, they are very healthy, since their fatty acids help keep “bad” cholesterol levels at bay.