- 15 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 402kcal per 100g.
How to make chocolate nougat with hazelnuts . The traditional nougat from Jijona , from Alicante and the yolk nougat , have long since added the chocolate nougat .
The most classic of all, the chocolate nougat with crispy puffed rice , which is not the only one because little by little many others have fattened the list and one of them is this chocolate and hazelnut nougat .
You already know how much we like quick and easy recipes and, truth be told, this is one that takes the cake because in its preparation, from start to finish, it takes just 15 minutes. The rest is to wait for the nougat to solidify and take shape to be able to portion and serve.
Just melt condensed milk chocolate and butter, add vanilla and hazelnut essence and mold.
We have used the microwave, but it can also be done in a bain-marie. Just place the bowl on a saucepan with boiling water to a minimum and wait for the steam to do the magic.
With these simple steps we can enjoy a luxury chocolate and hazelnut nougat. At Christmas it is perfect for preparing with children, who surely love to see the result of their work at the end of the process and, of course, taste it.
A Christmas dessert that rivals the rest of the nougat that we have under our belt and that we like so much at home.
Preparation of chocolate and hazelnut nougat
- Chop the chocolate and place it in a deep, microwave-safe container.
- Add the condensed milk and butter.
- We heat in the microwave, at low power, to short heat strokes of 30 seconds, stirring between blows and blows making sure to obtain a homogeneous and lump-free mixture.
- Be careful, it is not a shiny and creamy mixture like that of a chocolate ganache . This one has a rustic look, but don’t panic that the end result is very fine.
- Add the hazelnuts and the vanilla essence and stir well to integrate.
Nougat shape. Final presentation
- We line a nougat mold with sulfurized paper. We place the base of the mold on the paper and cut a rectangle about 4 or 5 centimeters larger. We cut the corners, fold each of the sides and put it in the mold, fitting well.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and spread with a silicone tongue to cover the entire base and corners, ensuring that there are no gaps or air bubbles. We smooth the surface.
- We allow to temper before putting in the fridge so that it solidifies completely. Ideally, we should leave it overnight, but without rushing or eager to sink the tooth with an hour will be enough.
- Once ready, remove the nougat from the mold by pulling the excess of the sulfurized paper upwards.
- We keep until consuming or cut and serve immediately.
With these simple steps we can enjoy an impressive tablet of chocolate and hazelnut nougat that we are sure will delight children and adults.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for chocolate nougat . Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.
Tips for a chocolate nougat and yummy hazelnuts
- It is ideal to have a specific mold for nougat, but impractical due to the little use that is given throughout the year.
- We can use a rectangular tupper, a plum cake pan, or even cut a milk carton in half lengthwise. Improvise with what there is at home and give it to the imagination.
- It is important to let, when it comes to lining the mold, let the paper protrude from the sides, and then, once the nougat is done, we can hold on to it and pull it out to remove the nougat from the mold.
- Hazelnut can be replaced by any other dried fruit or even by puffed rice. We can also add raisins and candied fruit.
- We recommend that you use quality chocolate and good hazelnuts. They are the two main ingredients and the difference, if we do not choose them well, it shows.