- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 4 / person
- 270kcal per 100g.
How to make Minorcan gilthead.
This is how dorada in Menorca is cooked in many homes, it is prepared in a very similar way to the one I present today, although with our touch.
Maybe adding or removing some ingredient, but very similar to the end. Some people put everything next to the oven to cook.
I always cook the potatoes and vegetables in the oven first and when they are almost ready I add the golden brown, which usually takes no more than 15 or 20 minutes to cook.
The gilding season is limited to the autumn months. If you are looking for a fresh seasonal specimen it will surely be expensive. But nowadays we can consume sea bream throughout the year thanks to the fact that they are raised in fish farms. In this way, we can find this type of fish at a good price and throughout the year.
At home it is one of the fish that we consume the most, either sea bream in salt or simply with a bed of onion and potatoes , Mediterranean style, with olives , with orange and fennel or Marseillaise , it is always a very handy, fast food and super tasty.
Otherwise, its meat is usually liked by the little ones. Easy, healthy and yummy, what more could you want?
Preparation of sea bream a la menorquina
- We preheat the oven with heat up and down, to 200 ° C.
- In a baking dish, pour a stream of extra virgin olive oil and move the source so that it extends until it covers the entire bottom.
- We peel the potatoes and cut them into sheets. We add them to the baking dish, over the oil.
- We wash and cut the tomatoes and garlic cloves into slices and put them on the potatoes.
- We wash and julienne the green peppers and add it to the source with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add salt and a tablespoon of breadcrumbs.
- We remove everything so that the ingredients are impregnated with the oil, the salt, the breadcrumbs and the liquid of the tomatoes.
Baking and final presentation of gilt-head bream
- We put everything in the oven, with heat up and down at 200 ° C, for about 20-25 minutes or until the potato is almost cooked.
- We clean the gilthead well and salt. After 20-25 minutes, we remove the source, and put the gilthead on the previous ingredients.
- Sprinkle the sea bream with a good jet of virgin olive oil and put everything back in the oven.
- We will let it cook for 15 minutes or until the sea bream meat is white. We serve fresh from the oven.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.
Tips for a perfect Menorcan gilthead
- When I go shopping, and whenever I see that there is good value for money, I take a couple of breams and freeze them. If I run out of time, I can always prepare something quick and very healthy that will get me out of the way.
- In a little more than half an hour I solve the menu of an unexpected meal and always delicious. Come on, besides being a delicious fish, it always gets me out of trouble. If you have children, they sure love this recipe, but watch out for the thorns.
- Always try to take the part of the loin and check that there are no bones left, to avoid pricking and catching this fish.
- With this baked gilthead recipe, both the fish and the rest of the ingredients are partially roasted and candied.
- The youngest at home surely like it a lot, because it is also a fish that does not have too many bones, it is very easy to eat.
- A new way to prepare sea bream at home that you will surely like.