- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 4 / person
- 276kcal per 100g.
How to make baked gilthead with olives.
With this recipe we give a little more work to the classic baked gilthead, which is delicious by itself. Also known in some autonomous communities as slipper .
The golden olives is a very healthy recipe to serve as main or second course, it is a simple way to prepare this type of fish.
In addition, at home we usually cook the sea bream in many ways, always with a base preparation and varying flavors and textures with some vegetables, sometimes with papillote, but this time the Mediterranean touch that olives provide has triumphed, a great success.
The gilthead bream is a semi-fat fish and, therefore, low in calories, which is why cooked simply, it is suitable in weight control diets.
Preparation of sea bream in olive sauce
- The golden ones must be flaked and without guts. The most comfortable thing is that we say in the fish shop that they already prepare them for us to make in the oven. We can leave the head or not, that to the taste of each one.
- Melt the butter, in a frying pan, add the oil and let it heat.
- We cut the shallots into rings and add them to the pan. Fry for about 5 minutes, until they start to brown.
- Add the crushed tomato, the pepper cut into strips and the thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer until it boils.
- We have chosen green pepper but we can use red or even a mixture of both.
- In the case of tomato we have used canned natural crushed tomato but if we prefer we can use peeled, peeled and crushed natural tomatoes.
- Next we add the wine and the olives. We leave about 10 minutes over low heat so that all the flavors mix well.
Baking and final presentation of sea bream with olives
- We preheat the oven to 180º C.
- We place the gilt-head breams in the baking dish and season them inside and out.
- Once the sauce is done, pour it over the fish and put the tray in the hot oven.
- We let everything bake for 35 minutes. In this recipe we have left more time in the oven than usual for the gilt-head bream, because taking a lot of sauce takes longer to cook.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot on the same baking sheet.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.
Tips for a perfect sea bream with olives
- I never get tired of baked fish recipes like this one with sea bream with olives, easy and delicious for any daily meal.
- It is that the preparations in the oven allow you to do other things at home at the same time, which gives me the impression of “less work” in the kitchen.
- This recipes is very versatile because we give it a Mediterranean touch with the vegetables that are in the fridge.
- With three basic ingredients we get a tender and juicy gilthead bream, full of flavor and with a delicious sauce made from bread and dunks. We can accompany the dish with some steamed potatoes, mixing them with the delicious fish sauce. And to drink a very cool white wine. Another yummy recipe!