One of the most awaited moments for parents and children has arrived: back to school and work .
A return to routine, good resolutions when it comes to eating, playing sports, and meeting friends forever.
But in September spending also skyrockets, for those who have children it is the most important cost of the year, more than that of January.
The books, school supplies, the new backpack, footwear, clothes, the tracksuit that is too small … another expense, very important and monthly, is the dining room.
But this course starts with a novelty, more than a million children who return to class will find the return of the typical lunch box to the dining room .
Many of us eat tupper daily, the blog itself started as a compilation of the food that my girlfriend brings to her work.
Now the tupper with the lentils that mom or dad has prepared will be taken by both the older and the children.
The important thing is that we prepare balanced and healthy meals , as you already know we have a book dedicated only to Recipes for Tupper . A great help to prepare your weekly menus.
Dishes without sausage fritters and precooked things, you can prepare the same food for everyone. Take it, some at home, others in the office and our children at school.
Eating in this way is nothing new and it is not difficult at all. With the crisis in which we are immersed, everything helps , today more than ever, bringing homemade food to work is a highly demanded option and it is also healthier than eating out.
You have to follow some basic rules so that the food in the office or at school is as tasty as at home, and also cheaper and healthier than some menu of the day in the bar next door.
Tips for a perfect tupper
- Making eating a school tupper a tasty, healthy and inexpensive experience involves considering a number of aspects. These range from the correct selection of containers, to planning the menu a couple of days in advance.
- The great goal is to achieve a varied, nutritionally balanced and obviously palatable result for children.
- What we prepare has to be varied , there is nothing worse than always having the same menu, you cannot eat lentils five days in a row because you will end up hating them. What a bore.
- We must plan the menu at least a couple of days in advance, and more if you are going to prepare it for you, your partner and the children. You have ideas to spare, in this blog. In this post I will give you a few but you can visit many more online, in the blogroll you have the ones I usually visit, highly recommended.
- It must be understood that eating a tupper is not going on a picnic. We should not eat a sandwich or sandwich, even if one day falls one falls. The food should be varied, organized and as complete as possible .
- The menu should include protein foods, carbohydrates, fruits and vegetables. You should also consider the drink, remember that the best is the water and the dessert that you are going to consume, the best option is always seasonal fruit.
- You can freeze some of the recipes that you will see below. At home we always have a lentil tupper, a classic. So when the day has been hard and you don’t want to cook, you have something prepared for the next day.
Our children’s tupper. Tips
- If the tupper is for your child, try to make it as appetizing as possible but you don’t always have to do what he likes. Potato chips are not the most recommended option, even if you ask for it every day. Make meals with varied colors and different flavors. But don’t pretend that if you don’t eat broccoli at home, you will eat it at school.
- Lunch , that mid-morning snack that all children have during recess, is a fundamental meal of the day. It is essential for their performance during school hours and to face the midday meal with the right appetite.
- We must opt as a rule for products that complement what has been taken at breakfast. That is, if you have had dairy, the ideal is to opt for fruit or cereals.
- The classic sandwiches are the most common resource against fruit or dairy, which are also a good option for this time of day.
- The formats and presentations of the products have improved and some schools also offer facilities for their preservation. The excuse of transportation and maintenance is no longer valid for not having juices or yoghurts for lunch.
- Remember that they are just ideas, recipes to take as a single dish at lunchtime. Therefore, the portions of meat, fish, eggs, fruit, vegetables or dairy that are missing to complete the nutritional pyramid must be taken at night or on weekends.
- It is very important to have a good breakfast at school or at the office so as not to starve yourself in the morning, do not be one to hear their stomachs roar like a lion in the zoo …
My top recommended recipes for a yummy tupper
In today’s post I am going to recommend the 10 most successful recipes at home when preparing the weekly tupper . They are not the most famous on the blog, but they are good, easy and cheap. They hold up well from one day to the next, you can make many servings, they reheat well in the micro and they look like freshly made.
Remember that you have to accompany your meal with one or two pieces of fruit and eat at least one piece of bread, here there is no first and second, a single and consistent dish, healthy and above all delicious.
What do you bring to the office to eat? What do you have in mind for your kids? I await your responses on facebook , twitter or email .
Did you like it? Share it!
Share Tweet Pin it To print
Receive a weekly email with new recipes and yummy recommendations.