- 18 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 0.9 / person
- 312kcal per 100g.
How to prepare the best Club Sandwich .
When it comes to sandwiches or sandwiches, we shouldn’t stay in the typical ham and cheese “bikini” . There are many variations that can turn a simple sandwich into an appetizing bite.
We recently published the “ Croque-monsieur Sandwich ” and today it is the turn of another classic: the “ Club Sandwich ” (also called Club House Sandwich ).
A recipe that comes from the Anglo-Saxon world, specifically from New York (USA). This sandwich is prepared with a double layer, using 3 slices of toast instead of the usual 2.
Its most common ingredients are turkey or chicken meat, bacon or bacon, cheese, lettuce and tomato. Other versions have been derived from the more traditional preparation, using, for example, grilled chicken breasts, roasted veal fillet, Serrano ham and an ingredient that looks great on them: avocado.
This is the closest recipe to the original I have found, but of course you can vary this version with other ingredients to your liking. I hope you like it.
Club sandwich preparation
- The first step is going to be to wash the vegetables, separating the lettuce leaves and cutting some thin slices of natural tomato. In this way we will already have them prepared for the assembly of the sandwich.
- We heat a frying pan without any fat and add the bacon. Cook the bacon until it is slightly crisp. We reserve.
- We heat a frying pan with a thread of oil and cook the chicken fillets. Season and reserve.
- We spread three slices of bread with butter and brown them on the pan on both sides.
Preparation and final presentation of the Sandwich Club
- We take one of the slices of bread and spread it with mayonnaise on one of its faces.
- With the smeared part up, we begin to place ingredients. We add a slice of ham, a slice of cheese and a chicken fillet.
- We spread a new slice of bread with mayonnaise and place it on the chicken fillet.
- We will leave the smeared part up and continue with the rest of the ingredients.
- We place one or two slices of fresh tomato, some lettuce leaves and the fried bacon.
- We cover with the last slice of bread that previously we will have smeared with black garlic sesame.
- We press with the hand so that the ingredients settle. We prick each half of the sandwich with a toothpick so that after cutting we do not disarm.
- If we want to do it in 4 portions, we would have to use then 4 sticks, one for each part.
- We cut with a good knife and ready to taste our Club Sandwich. And what do you take advantage of!
I recommend that when serving it it is cut into 2 or 4 pieces to facilitate its consumption, since it is very forceful.
If you decide to do it at home, know that it can be a very complete lunch or dinner and that with one of them you will be satisfied.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the recipe of the Sandwich Club. Do not lose detail and it will be delicious.