- 40 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.6 € / person
- 315kcal per 100g.
How to make blueberry muffins. The muffins , the American version of our muffins traditional , and the like these allow us endless flavors and fillings.
We can prepare sweet or savory muffins, from the well-known chocolate muffins to delicious goat cheese muffins with Pedro Ximenez .
But of all, one of the options to prepare muffins and ensure success, is including some fruit in its preparation. It will add juiciness and fluffiness to this sweet, increasing its flavor and improving its texture.
Today I bring you the recipe for some soft blueberry and cream cheese muffins , very similar in flavor to those sold at Starbucks to which I am almost addicted, with a perfectly marked blueberry flavor, combined with the smoothness that the cream brings of cheese.
It is a perfect combination ideal to prepare at any time of the year and of course it could not be missing in our dessert recipes . Surely you are thinking that getting blueberries is not always an easy task. Although if we are out of season or can not find them at fairly cheap prices, I advise you to buy these frozen red fruits.
There are bags of about 500 g. in large areas that, in addition to having the product in perfect condition, are much cheaper. We no longer have an excuse to enjoy blueberry muffins with cream cheese, a yummy delight.
Preparation of blueberry muffins and cream cheese
- In a bowl we mix the dry ingredients minus the sugar and the blueberries. We sift the flour, yeast, baking soda and salt and reserve.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg with 100 g. of sugar reserving the rest of the sugar to make the cheese cream filling.
- We beat well until the mixture foams. Add the vanilla extract, sunflower oil, yogurt and continue beating.
- We incorporate 125 gr. cream cheese and incorporate it with the rest of the ingredients. When the mixture is ready we include the blueberries.
- We are adding the flour and integrating with a spatula without beating the mixture in excess. Only what is necessary for the dough to be integrated. We reserve.
- We prepare the cheese mixture by mixing the cream cheese with the 40 gr. remaining sugar. Place the paper capsules in a muffin tin and fill each one to almost half the height.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cream cheese. Cover with the rest of the dough to fill the capsule about ¾ of its height. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake, with the oven previously heated to 180º C, with heat up and down, for 20 or 25 minutes.
- We check that our muffins are cooked by clicking with a stick and verifying that it comes out clean.
In no time we have ready some category muffins. Perfect for snacks or breakfasts for children and adults. We will not need more than a coffee, or a glass of milk to accompany these great snacks.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .