- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.6 € / person
- 230kcal per 100g.
How to prepare zucchini cream . If there is an all-terrain vegetable, it is zucchini , since we can find them all year round in the markets, and we can use it for countless recipes.
Zucchini is good for stir-fries, for garnish, for salads and as in the case of this recipe, we make delicious creams with it. This vegetable recipe is also adapted to all times of the year, since we can enjoy it on the hot or cold table, as we like. There are almost as many variants of it as there are cooks. It can be done with or without onion, adding or not adding some potato; and then in the final part, you can take cream or cheese instead.
The one that I have prepared let’s say that it is the most typical and traditional , the one that I know from home and we have always liked it this way. The result is a soft and light cream, which can be accompanied by crispy bread croutons or sauteed ham. Anyway, as I said, you can give it the personal touch that you like the most.
It is one more option to eat healthy at home, you can also opt for a delicious carrot cream or this cream of zucchini and leek . Warm, healthy and very easy to prepare.
Preparation of vegetables for zucchini cream
- We begin by peeling the onion and mincing it in julienne. We wash the potato, peel it and dice it. In a saucepan with a sheet of extra virgin olive oil. We fry them for 5 minutes over medium heat. We salt to taste.
- To facilitate handling, we cut the zucchini into several pieces. With a very sharp knife we remove the skin, and then we chop them into small cubes.
- We add them to the casserole. With the remaining skin, we are going to chop a little of it very fine and we also throw it along with the rest of the ingredients. In this way we will give a touch of color to the final result.
- Mix and continue to cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat, this will soften the vegetables.
- We lightly salt again. Now we pour the vegetable broth or, if you do not have broth, hot water, so that it covers all the vegetables.
Cooking and final presentation of the zucchini cream
- We cook 20 minutes over medium heat, covering the casserole, so that it is always boiling gently, with small bubbles.
- After time, we are going to add a touch of grace to the dish. Remove from the heat, add the cream (if you want it lighter use whole milk, and if there are lactose intolerant at home, they are soy milk) and mix well.
- With the heat that the pot has, it will come to cook gently.
- We crush with the mixer and we are checking the point of the cream.
- We want it to be light, not puree. If it is too thick, we can add a little more broth to achieve the desired texture.
- And with these simple steps the zucchini cream would be ready. We test and rectify salt if applicable.
- To decorate I have added a little chopped fresh parsley, although some toasted bread would also be great.
Tips for a yummy courgette cream
- When we go to the zucchini, I recommend that you choose specimens that are firm to the touch. Compact, without bumps or stains, and it is appreciated that they are heavy in relation to their size.
- This indicates that they are in good condition inside. It is preferable to take those of small or medium size, because those that are larger have more nuggets and less tender meat. Once at home, it will keep perfectly in the fridge for about 2 weeks.
- With this recipe you can not complain about not being able to eat healthy, you prepare it in no time and it will help you to lead a healthy and healthy diet.
- It is also very well suited to take on a picnic at any time of the year, a warm cream to take as a first in the winter, or in a “tupper” to work. A yummy cream!
- You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.