- 60 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.2 € / person
Gluten-free polvorones . I wanted to prepare a recipe for a friend’s daughter, who is celiac . Today there are many sweets that we can make with gluten-free products.
Because the fact of not being able to consume gluten should not be at odds with being able to enjoy delicious gastronomy. For her and for all of you, gluten-free chocolate polvorones.
This typically Christmas sweet can be prepared any day of the year.
The Christmas holidays are a precious time in which we can enjoy with our children visiting nativity scenes, light shows and elves and, of course, cooking cookies, biscuits or, in this case, gluten-free chocolate cookies … the little ones They are going to have a great time and the older ones even more. If you have never worked or kneaded with gluten-free flour, do not worry, there is no mystery. It costs a little more to unify the dough, but in the end it joins and the texture is very similar to the wheat dough that we usually use.
Eliminate from your thoughts “gluten-free …. it should not be very rich”; nothing of that. These polvorones are scandalous, whether you are celiac or not.
In fact, I have ever prepared them at home and they were the first to run out…. Today, gluten-free flours are very successful. The production process is the same as that of traditional polvorones and the ingredients are practically the same, with the exception of pure cocoa without sugar and without gluten, which is added to the mass. Use that brand of trust and that you like the most at home, if you know of any other specific cocoa for celiacs, then use it.
Did you know that Doña Filomena Micaela Ruíz, better known as La Colchona, was the one who created this sweet? She discovered that by drying the flour before starting to cook, it obtained a final texture that was harder on the outside and tender on the inside.
If you want to know more about the history of the polvorones, look at the recipe that I propose for hazelnut polvorones or the one for chocolate polvorones, which, by the way, are delicious. What I’m going for… .the process of preparing gluten-free flour is going to be the same as wheat flour.
We are going to have it in the oven for 20 minutes before we start to handle it, so that the final result is perfect. That said, put on the aprons, a chef’s hat for the little ones and to get stained with flour and enjoy this very special sweet.
Preparation of gluten-free chocolate polvorones
- We start by heating the oven to 150 ° C, with heat up and down.
- We put the flour in a baking dish and put it about 20 minutes. We remove the source after ten minutes to move the flour and put it back another ten minutes, until the drying process is complete.
- Once the flour is ready, we take it out and let it cool.
- In a large container we put the flour, previously sifted. Shaping it into a volcano, we put the butter inside and begin to knead, until the ingredients are well integrated. Next, we add the icing sugar, the cinnamon, the almond flour and the cocoa powder without gluten, and continue kneading until we are completely unified.
- On a smooth surface, we put a layer of transparent film and very carefully, because it is a dough that can be easily undone, we put the resulting dough on the film. We crush with our hands and cover with another layer of film.
- We place our dough on a sulfurized paper and crush it with the rolling pin until obtaining a surface of about 1.5 to 2 cm. thick approximately. You can see all this process in the photo gallery, because an image is worth a thousand words!
- Once the dough is stretched, we shape it with a round cutter or with a glass. Then we press with our fingers to get the typical oval shape of the polvorones.
- We cover the baking dish with vegetable paper and place the polvorones on it. We put them in the oven at 180 °, with heat up and down, for about 15 minutes, or until they are golden on top. Be careful not to be roasted too much!
- When they are ready, we remove the tray from the oven and very carefully we place the polvorones on a rack where we will leave them until they cool completely. Fresh from the oven, the polvorones are very fragile and it is very easy to break them. At the end of everything, when they are warm, sprinkle the icing sugar.
I encourage you to try them and enjoy these little sweets, I am sure you will like them and they will begin to be part of your table on Christmas dates, or, why not, at any time of the year.
If you are one of those who love dark chocolate (you can prepare these polvorones with the chocolate you like the most, without gluten), these are your polvorones, they are not excessively sweet and they have a texture and flavor that you will love, you will tell. A delicious way to celebrate Christmas. Enjoy it!
Be sure to enjoy all the Christmas sweets that we have in our dessert recipes , I assure you that you will find a lot of ideas to make yours much happier.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .