- 40 minutes
- For 2 persons
- € 4 / person
- 230kcal per 100g.
How to make the papillote golden .
Enjoying cooking is for me the general trend, but there are times when I do it especially and this is one of them.
Today we have prepared a bream with vegetables in papillote or papillot , and I have to say that gilthead is one of my favorite fish and the fact of cooking it in papillote I love it.
Not only because it is a clean technique in which the kitchen practically does not stain, but because the flavor that we get when cooking. In this case the bream, in its own concentrated juice with all the aromas, is incredible.
The papillote or papillot , is a cooking technique that consists of cooking a food in its own juices and steamed, inside a wrapper that prevents air and aromas, which will be released during cooking, are lost.
For this we do not need any type of complex and expensive appliance, but simply a piece of aluminum foil or sulfurized paper with which we will make a tightly closed package containing the food we want to cook, accompanied by a pinch of oil and / or herbs aromatic.
In my opinion it is easier to get that package to stay airtight and to prevent the aromas from escaping, if we use aluminum foil since it is easier to seal in the closures, but that I leave to your choice.
This culinary technique is usually used with soft consistency products, mainly fish, although we can also prepare some type of meat that is tender in papillote.
Today we have accompanied the gilthead with some vegetables that, to facilitate their cooking. It is convenient that we cut into small cubes or into strips.
Preparing a gilthead bream , which even though it is a fish farm, has a soft, smooth and tasty meat, in papillote, which makes its aromas and flavors even more intense.
I present you one of the gilthead recipes where you can get the most out of this fish. And if we are lucky enough to get a copy that comes directly from the sea, I won’t even tell you, a real delight.
Preparation of sea bream with papillote
- We ask our fishmonger to clean the bream, to remove the viscera and scales.
- At home we can cut the head or keep it during baking. That will go a little to the taste of the consumer.
- Season the gilthead with salt and pepper and reserve.
- We wash the carrot and cut it into a thin julienne, into sticks of about 5 cm. long.
- We do the same with the leek, we lift it and chop it into canes.
- On a baking tray we place a fairly long sheet of aluminum foil, about 80 cm. on top we put the gilthead. We make a couple of cuts in the back with a knife.
- We place the cut vegetables on the sides, sprinkle with parsley and season the whole.
- We water with the juice of half a lemon and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- We make a package with the aluminum foil in such a way that the fish is very loose inside. There must be plenty of space around the filling.
- We close the package around its perimeter, making sure it is well sealed.
Baking and final presentation of the sea bream
- It must be hermetically closed since during baking the package must be inflated by the vapors of its contents without it escaping.
- So a certain amount of slack is required when making this foil bag. It must also have space to fill with gases.
- Bake with the oven already preheated, at 180º C for 30 minutes. After this time we remove the package from the oven.
- We will see that it is fully swollen, this is the symptom that the cooking has been perfect.
- We serve the fish with its garnish in individual dishes. We can accompany the fish with cooked potatoes watered with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
I assure you that you will love this fish cooked in this way. It is soft, very juicy and with a super tender meat, a delicious dish.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.