- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.4 € / person
- 295kcal per 100g.
How to make garlic pork ribs . The recipes with pork ribs always triumph at home. It is a type of pork cut that we use frequently in our kitchen and that is very tasty.
You will find a lot of proposals, from the classic stewed rib in sauce , to the American style, ribs with barbecue sauce or the succulent baked ribs . A very useful piece of pork to have at home or for other uses such as a barbecue as we usually prepare at barbecues in Galicia, also called churrascadas.
It is in a recipe of a lifetime, that any mother or grandmother has ever prepared for us. Its preparation is quite simple and fast, ideal for beginners in the kitchen.
These pork ribs, become a recipe with a very tasty and cheap meat. A dish that my mother prepared for us very often, we love the combination of meat with garlic, as well as garlic chicken . Recipes that combine our philosophy, simplicity and tradition. I hope you dare to prepare them at home.
Preparation of pork ribs with garlic
- The first thing we do when buying the ribs is tell the butcher to chop them with the desired cut, you see in the photos how we like them at home. My advice is that they are portions of 5 cm or so. Although they can also be made whole, but they are more complicated at mealtime.
- If you chop them up, watch the bones with splinters, which can later be a nuisance if you put any in your mouth.
- Peel the garlic cloves and laminate them.
- Season the pieces lightly. Then we marinate with black peppercorns, a pinch of fresh parsley, the bay leaf, 5o ml. of extra virgin olive oil, the zest of one lemon, the juice of half a lemon and the rolled garlic. We leave them like this for about twelve hours or overnight.
- In a wide saucepan, heat half a finger of olive oil. When it is hot we are pouring our ribs with the mash. Always little by little, so that we do not lose the heat of the oil and do not splash too much.
- We cook them over medium high heat, being careful that they do not burn us.
- The idea is that the garlic is caramelized and that it serves as a flavoring for our oil. The rib should be well fried, which will take us about 15 to 20 minutes at least.
- We have to be aware of giving it back to the pieces from time to time to ensure that they are golden everywhere. What we want is that the rib is perfectly cooked on the inside and toasted on the outside.
Final preparation of the ribs with garlic
- When we see that our meat is almost ready we remove the excess oil, add the wine. We continue to cook the meat until the wine is almost completely reduced. It has to be very reduced, as you see in the step by step of the photos.
- The garnish to accompany this dish can be a simple mixed salad. They also do great with baked potatoes or fries.
- The microwaved potatoes that we have already prepared several times on the blog are also perfect for you. An almost fat-free side idea, a good choice.
- We serve warm on the table with a little chopped parsley on top.
As you can see it is a very simple recipe. I encourage you to try it at home, a recipe from my mother. You can see all the photos of the step by step of these ribs in garlic in this album.