- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 4 / person
Iberian secret to old mustard with potatoes . One of those meat recipes of the easiest I know, one of those that I prepare at home when I go with little time. It is perfect for weekends, because you prepare it quickly and it allows you to dedicate your time to other chores, without giving up a good meal.
The Iberian secret is a part of the pig hidden between the shoulder and the pork belly, very juicy and rich and not too expensive. It is a fan-shaped piece that weighs between 150 and 200 grams. This piece extracted from the Iberian pig is usually used, although we can also find it in the white pig. The mix of flavors with mustard is spectacular. To make the sauce I always opt for a sweet wine, because the flavor of the mustard is very strong and so I lower that intensity a bit. In this case I have shot Pedro Ximénez, which is the one I had at home, but any sweet wine could be worth it. If you don’t have sweet wine, you can mix white wine and honey, which will also compensate for the spicy and acidic point of the mustard.
The old mustard is better known as Dijon mustard, it owes its name to the French city of Dijon. In this case, as in the previous mustard fillets, I used an old grain mustard. You will like this meat dish not only for its simplicity, but also for the final result that it leaves on the palate, with a mild flavor that serves to vary from the classic roast meat . With a sauce that you want to dip bread in, a very simple recipe, it has few ingredients and it is very successful, wanting to repeat it again. What do you want to do it? A mouthful of yummy!
Preparation of the Iberian secret to mustard
- We prepare the potatoes. Peel and wash the potatoes, cut them into sheets of approximately 1 cm thick.
- In a baking dish add a little extra virgin olive oil and spread it well at the base of the source. We impregnate the potatoes with the oil from the source itself and add a little salt.
- We put them in the oven with heat up and down, at 200 °. We will leave them for about 15 minutes or until the potato is tender on the inside and golden brown on the outside. Be careful not to burn them.
- We prepare the sauce. In a saucepan or small saucepan, add a tablespoon of olive oil and heat. Then add the old mustard and fry for 1 minute over medium heat. We pour the wine and stir. We let it slow down for a minute.
- Next we add the liquid cream, mix and let the ingredients integrate well for one or two minutes over medium heat. We reserve.
- We prepare the secret. The Iberian secret usually has a little fat, I usually remove it and use it to grease the pan where I am going to cook the meat. We cut the secret into strips so that we can then put them on top of the potatoes. In a griddle or frying pan, over medium-high heat, add the fat of the secret and let it release its oil.
- The only trick is to take the point so that the meat does not dry out or, on the contrary, it stays raw. If we respect the times that I put here, there does not have to be problems.
- Salt and pepper, better salting with flake salt or Maldon salt (if you do not have coarse salt) the meat and add it to the pan. We let it be made to taste (undercooked, to the point or very old).
- To make the plating a little more attractive, I am going to roast some potatoes in the oven, which will be prepared while I prepare the sauce and fry the secret. We will only have to plaster, on the freshly baked potatoes, we place the Iberian secret that we have just taken out of the pan and then we water with a little hot mustard sauce.
- We serve immediately so that all the ingredients are hot and freshly made.
This mustard meat recipe can also be prepared with pork or beef sirloin, even with some chicken breast fillets. An original, different and surprising way to prepare this good piece of pork. This mustard sauce goes very well with meat, complementing its flavor and our palate.
If you still do not have it clear, I leave you a step by step in photos of this secret recipe to mustard so that they come out yes or yes.