- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 2 / person
- 375kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a Galician sausage pizza . What do you think of this pizza? It is a fusion recipe that combines high-quality Galician products with the famous Italian pizza dough .
It is one of the pizzas that I offered to friends at a dinner a few months ago at home and disappeared in just a few minutes, the one that undoubtedly triumphed over all the others. This pizza is not the classic Italian pizza, it is a pizza with a Galician touch.
A mixture of Italian flavor with one of my favorite ingredients, Galician chorizo. The combination that came to mind was the triumph pizza dough on the blog. A layer of ratatouille with zucchini made by Amorodo with products that come entirely from organic farming, cheese and chorizo. I decided on a creamy Arqueixal , a soft cheese, very soft and buttery, of artisan elaboration that melts like mozzarella.
And we finish with a chorizo made by hand in Lugo, smoked with oak wood. It is from friend Xan de Horta de Teodoro , a chorizo that reminds me of what my grandmother made in the village, with a little touch of hot paprika.
All are products that are part of the Harvest Market . A social action project promoted by the Hijos de Rivera Corporation that aims to become a competitive lever in the socio-economic development of the rural environment through the dissemination of unique projects that provide products and initiatives of value and that can inspire us. You can already see the result in the photos and video, really yummy. I hope you like the recipe.
Preparation of the pizza dough
- For this pizza we have opted for the classic Italian pizza dough that gives us such good results.
- In this video you can see how we prepare it. You can also stop by the post we have written with the best tips for making a pizza at home. I am sure that when you try it there will be a before and after in your homemade pizzas.
- We had the dough we used today frozen in 250 gram portions. And since the recording team came hungry we prepared 2 pizzas, perfect for 4 people to stay very comfortable.
Pizza preparation Harvest Market
- We preheat our oven to 250º C. Always at the highest temperature of our home electric oven.
- Sprinkle the countertop with flour. We stretch the dough with our hands or if necessary a rolling pin. So that it is fine enough so that when we bake it, it is crispy. We spread it on the oven tray.
- Add a generous tablespoon of zucchini ratatouille with a spoon. We must spread the entire surface leaving the edges without ratatouille, with a brush or with the same spoon, always in circular movements.
- We cut the chorizo into small pieces more or less equal. We reserve.
- Sprinkle the pizza base with the finely chopped oregano Orballo on the zucchini ratatouille.
Chorizo pizza baking and final presentation
- We cut the Arzúa-Ulloa cheese into pieces of approximately 1 cm, this Galician cheese has a smooth, thin and yellow rind, it is very easy to cut because it is very creamy.
- For those who have not tried it, it is very pleasant in the mouth. With a smooth butter flavor with a slight salty taste. An incredible cheese to melt and ideal for pizzas.
- We add the pieces of cheese distributed throughout the base so that when the cover is distributed throughout all the holes in the base.
- We distribute the chorizo on the pizza and bake at 250º C for about 9 minutes. Until you see that it is golden brown and the dough is crispy.
- Remove from the oven and add a splash of olive oil to make it juicier. Decorate with a little more oregano and fresh basil leaves.
And we already have a great pizza, the Galician pizza Mercado de la Cosecha. You will see when you cut a piece, the cheese so creamy and all the flavor of the chorizo. A great pizza almost perfect, logically for me, you just have to try it and you will tell me.
You can see all the photos of the step by step of the chorizo pizza recipe in this album.