- 45 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 0.3 / person
- 302kcal per 100g.
How to make a chocolate cake . The classic homemade chocolate cake is very easy, it will be juicy and with an intense chocolate flavor. One of our sweet recipes that has become one of the most popular on the blog, rivaling our chocolate cake and the famous brownie .
It is said that in a student’s fridge there is never a shortage of sausages, eggs, milk or the brochure to order food stuck on the door. They assure that the parties in their house are routine, it is rumored that their main concern is to get the best academic grade with the least possible effort.
That the kitchen is a secret and mysterious place … However, university life is full of hoaxes that are not always true. I can assure you that university students cook “there are haylos” but currently this has changed and it can be said that it is the stage in which we mature in this gastronomy, or at least it was in my case.
The reason for this intense university introduction are 2 reasons. The first is a talk I had recently on my last visit to Ourense. I have been told that I have to reclaim the university kitchen, which is frowned upon. And the second is that I have retrieved my dessert recipe book from that time.
I assure you that this type of cuisine is simple, effective and above all cheap, but not for that reason bad … there will be everything in the vineyard of the Lord. The cooking shows that we can see on TV have a lot to do with it, a lot of dishes that have taken us out of more than a hurry. This cake has even evolved into another chocolate cake that you can find on the blog.
This takes a little more cocoa to give it a taste of the chocolatier. If this comes out of repeating and not stopping, I recommend the marble chocolate cake . And if you already want to embroider this dessert, all the advice for a perfect sponge cake . I hope you enjoy it and cheer up with him at home.
Preparation of the chocolate cake
As I mentioned in the introduction it is a very simple cake, since we only have to mix and bake, the cream preparation takes about 10 minutes at most.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat without boiling. In a bowl, beat the eggs with the powdered sugar until it has a small foam and when they are so, add the liquid butter. We mix helped by a rod.
- We mix the yeast with the flour and the bitter cocoa powder. In this case I have used a quality cocoa that will give that cake its peculiar flavor. It is essential that the chocolate is of quality so that it comes out rich, you can choose the cocoa that you like the most. We sift with a strainer and pour into the previous bowl, beat again until there are no lumps. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add the previous mixture in a container greased with butter and sprinkled with flour or cocoa powder. With cocoa we manage to leave us without any white spots and at the same time we increase the chocolate flavor.
Baking and final presentation of the cake
- We put the cake in the oven (heat option up and down, in the middle tray of it) at 170º C for about 35-40 minutes (as I mentioned in some other recipe, it all depends on the oven, always look with a fork, puncture the cake and when it is dry, remove). The last 10 minutes we cover the cake with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Unmold and let cool for 1-2 hours. It is very tasty and accompanied by a scoop of ice cream of your choice, I would definitely add a chocolate.
- If you are very fans of cocoa you can add a chocolate coating. To do this we just have to put liquid cream to heat over low heat without boiling. Grate and cut the chocolate, put it in the cream and remove it with a rod for about 2-3 minutes. Add the pieces of butter and mix well until there is a fine and well-integrated cream. We place the cake in the oven slit on the kitchen counter and pour the chocolate cream on top. Chill in the fridge and we already have a super chocolate cake.
In our Cooking with … section, this time we have a great guest friend, Inés, from Toque de Inés . You can see the video of an adaptation of the classic chocolate cake in this video. Simply put, assemble a cake with impressive berries. Great work by Inés and Carlos Urbán, of course.
Tips and recommendations for the best chocolate cake
- If you do not have powdered or powdered sugar, you can use regular or grain sugar. The icing sugar is usually used to make the mixture faster and to combine the ingredients better.
- If you are more coffee growers than chocolate makers, you can substitute cocoa for the same amount of normal or decaffeinated soluble coffee. It is also yummy.
- And you do not need to tell you that nuts are luxurious. Any variant: walnuts, chopped almonds, pistachios, chopped cashews, …
I hope you like it and cheer up with this cake so easy. You can find many more dessert recipes on our blog or on the Aptc website, don’t forget to share them with everyone on your social networks.
Be sure to enjoy all the yummy sweets in our dessert recipes , I assure you that you will find plenty of ideas to make yours much happier. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.