- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.8 € / person
The pancakes that I present to you today are a variant of the French, very typical in the area of Austria and Bavaria: the Palatschinken made from an egg cream, milk, flour and salt. They can be filled with both sweet and savory ingredients, but the most famous are those filled with cheese, meat, mushrooms, vegetables and covered with sour cream. You can even find this type of thick crêpe in strips in a famous meat broth soup, Frittatensuppe , which is also very good.
Although leaving the salty aside, the ones I liked the most in Austria were some apricot, banana, walnut and chocolate fillings, dusted with icing sugar, with a slightly thicker dough than normal, I imagine that so that it does not break with the weight. Simplifying that dessert to make it easier, and to be able to cook it all year round, we have today’s version: 70% chocolate and Canary bananas . Simple, easy and forceful.
The combination of chocolate and banana I do not know who invented it, or who was the first person to put together these flavors that when mixed are insurmountable, but it would have to be made a monument. This dessert is not excessively sweet since the chocolate, being black and with a bitter touch, contrasts perfectly with the sweetness of the banana. As I have said in other recipes, chocolate helps transform people’s lives, the become optimistic, happy, it is the sweet pretext to reach others. In addition, the crêpes are very versatile and very quick to make, children love it at any time of the day, such as dessert, snack or breakfast. A delicious sweet that if you serve it warm, or freshly made, it is vice, accompanied by a scoop of ice cream, English cream or simply with a little icing sugar on top. Do not hesitate to prepare them at home.
Preparation of the pancakes
The crêpe pasta-cream is quite easy to prepare. In a few seconds we have the first and in less than 10 minutes, we will have a regiment.
- In a large bowl add the milk, flour, a pinch of salt, butter in ointment and eggs. Mix everything with the mixer without lumps. Let it rest for a few minutes so that it thickens slightly (although the cream should be loose).
- In a non-stick frying pan or hot crepe pan, spread a little butter. An easy trick is to break a little into a bar, wrap one end in aluminum foil to hold it and spread the pan on the other or prick a piece on a fork. Spread the entire pan in this way until the butter is melted, it should not be very greasy but neither should we be short or the dough will stick.
- When the pan is hot, pour the cream so that it covers the entire bottom, the measure of cream is that of a ladle (do not pour too much because they will be very fat). We lift, tilt and turn the crepe maker so that the cream is distributed throughout the entire bottom.
- The pancake will start to cook instantly, we will have it for 10-15 seconds at medium-low temperature and when the edges begin to bend upwards, it is the right time to turn it with the fork or with your fingers.
- When you turn it over if the tone of the toast is not golden it will be due to a lack of egg, you can take advantage of adding another one to the cream. Brown on both sides and stack on a large plate. Remember that the first pancake is trial (I gobble it down at the moment). It is the most greasy because the frying pan picks up the temperature point and the degree of fat of the butter, the second is usually perfect.
- We continue making the crêpes until the cream is finished. If the fork is not good for you, you can use the trick of turning the pancake with a plate as if it were a potato omelette, as it takes practice, it is no longer necessary.
Preparation of the filling and presentation
- For the chocolate cream we only have to heat the cream over low heat and before it boils add the previously cut chocolate into chips or small pieces, stir with a few rods until it turns into cream (the process does not take even 2 minutes) . We remove from the fire to temper.
- The other option is to make it in the microwave, heating the cream with the chocolate for half a minute and stirring to control that it does not burn us, always at medium temperature for about two and a half minutes.
- Once the crêpes and chocolate are prepared, the easiest process comes, peel the bananas and cut them into slices or thick strips.
- We fill in the form of a scarf, as you can see in the video or in the photos. First with the crêpe open, fill in the center with chocolate cream and the banana strips. We cover with the ends of the crêpe as if it were a package, without leaving any free part so that the filling does not come out.
- In the same crêpera we heat the crêpes stuffed with a little butter so that they do not stick and the heat melts all the chocolate and banana filling reaching the dough. You will see perfectly the moment in which it happens because the pancake will begin to sweat chocolate through the pores. We pass to a very warm dish and sprinkle with a little icing sugar to decorate. Simply delicious.