- 25 minutes
- For 8 people
- 1.2 € / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to make a cake with three chocolates .
A few years ago this cake has become fashionable, I had not tried it until last year when my cousin Pati brought it to a family meal.
To those who are passionate about chocolate I tell you that it is one of those cakes that you have to try yes or yes.
It is not at all cloying, since when mixing 3 types of chocolate they balance each other. You take a piece and you have to repeat, a cake that succeeds wherever you take it.
My cousin prepares it with a kitchen robot but I have adapted it for those people who like me do not have it.
This is one of the dessert recipes that triumphs on the internet and in many homes they have already been animated with it.
It is so simple that now I understand why it has become so famous in all the cooking blogs, of course it cannot be missing in mine. The great secret is to prepare it with the chocolates that you like the most.
The contrast of layers with the differentiation of colors from white to dark chocolate is fine, but with the entire range of chocolates we have on the market I am sure you can improvise one with different chocolates.
I have seen some of more than 3 layers, with thinner layers and the version that has been most successful at home lately is in individual glasses, imagination to power to make your best chocolate cake.
Preparation of the biscuit base
- We spread a very thin layer of butter in the mold. We melt the rest of the butter using the microwave, so it is faster.
- With the mincer we crush the cookies. If you are celiac they must be gluten-free, you can find them in almost all supermarkets.
- If you do not have a grinder on a kitchen towel, we put the cookies, wrap and crush them with a spoon or something heavy, it is not so fine but it serves the same.
- We mix the melted butter with the sugar with manual rods or a mixer.
- We add everything on top of the crushed cookies, mix and spread over the base.
- Press against the bottom with the help of a spoon or with your fingers. We put it in the fridge for half an hour.
Preparation of the cake with 3 chocolates
- From the 200 ml of milk that we are going to use for the first layer of dark chocolate, we separate approximately 100 ml.
- Whatever fits in a glass. In them we dissolve an envelope of curd powder until it is well mixed.
- The rest of the milk (100 ml) and 200 ml of cream we put in a saucepan and bring to a boil with 30 g. of sugar.
- This will be the least sweet layer of chocolate because 70% chocolate has little sugar, the contrast will be very good.
- We chop the chocolate, the finer it is, the better it will melt and add it to the saucepan with the two tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- We remove with the rods until we obtain a homogeneous and smooth cream, add the diluted curd in the milk and stir until it boils for 4 or 5 minutes.
- We should not leave it longer than indicated, otherwise the chocolate cream will burn us.
- We remove from the fire and let it temper.
- Gently pour over the cookie layer.
Final preparation and presentation of the cake 3 chocolates
- For the following layers the process is similar. You will see that the milk and white chocolate dissolve earlier.
- These have a greater amount of cocoa butter and other foreign components.
- While we prepare the 2nd and 3rd layer of chocolate, it will take approximately 7 minutes. The perfect time for the curd to be consistent and the bottom layer to have slightly solidified. So that the next layer does not slip.
- This way we can overlap the layers of the cake without having to wait for it to cool down as it usually does when we use jellies.
- If you let it cool too much, the layers will not overlap well and the chocolate mixture can drain.
- So that the different layers grip well. The trick is to scrape the previous layer with a fork before adding the next one.
- This will leave the layers as if they were one. The holes left by the fork will fill with chocolate that will make glue.
- Once we have the layers ready we put in the fridge carefully for 3 hours.
- Long enough until the chocolates are fully seated. Remember that this cake is much better from one day to the next.
When your guests arrive, we take the cake out of the fridge. Unmold with the help of a knife. Enjoy it! Another yummy dessert.
You can see all the photos of the step by step of this recipe for this cake 3 chocolates in this album. Do not miss any detail and it will be delicious
Tips for a cake three yummy chocolates
- In case of making this recipe as is, remember that we have used a 20 cm mold to make the chocolate layers wider. But there is no problem in using a 22-23 cm mold. the result will be very similar.
- When adding the cream, help yourself with a spoon so that it does not cascade. This will prevent it from falling directly on the cookies and creating a hole.
- If you let each layer of chocolate cool too much, it may look bad. The layers will not overlap well and the chocolate mixture may drain.
- Remember to use a spoon when pouring to avoid breaking the bottom layer that has to be curdled but still sticky.
- To avoid washing the saucepan in the preparation of the cream. If you do not care you can start with white chocolate, continue with milk chocolate and end with black. Economy in the kitchen.