- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 2 / person
- 352kcal per 100g.
How to make a rice with ham and mushrooms . For this rice recipe I decided on a stew with an exotic touch. I have included mushrooms and many vegetables, it has a little meat that the ham provides, but it only gives the dish a touch.
This type of sauce serves as the basis for many other recipes, it becomes thick thanks to the contribution of nuts and coconut milk. You can even add a little curry, I leave it to your choice.
I have accompanied this stew with a type of rice, but you can choose between all the types of rice preparation that you have on the blog.
The basmati rice is one of the best long rice in the world, especially if you want to use as an accompaniment to curry recipes or with an oriental touch. In this recipe we have trusted the Sundari basmati rice that does not always give such a good result.
Authentic basmati has been cultivated in India and Pakistan for hundreds of years, with the highest quality Himalayan mountainous areas being produced. This type of rice is exquisite as an accompaniment to meat and fish, as well as all kinds of exotic dishes, this one goes with pearls even with classic mushrooms.
It is a very long grain rice, and it lengthens even more while cooking. During cooking the beans stay together and separate little, but are not sticky after cooking.
It can be found in two forms, white basmati and darker brown basmati . Both are cooked at time intervals not exceeding 20 minutes. Easy, right? Well, cheer up with this rice and of course this delicious accompaniment.
Preparation of the mushroom stew with ham
- Chop the onions and bell pepper. Add to the casserole and fry the onion and bell pepper over low heat, until golden. It would be about 10 minutes.
- We also chop the carrots and ham in a mincer (it has to be very chopped).
- We introduce in the casserole and let it pass well, the ham should change color, about 2-3 minutes are more than enough. Carrots will take a little longer.
- We add the mushrooms (in this case, it takes a little boletus, trumpets, thistle and some mushrooms). These will begin to release water, we let it reduce for a few minutes.
- We rectify salt and pepper. Keep in mind that it is a recipe with ham so it needs less salt.
- Chop the cashews into small pieces and add them to the casserole.
- We put the raisins and dried apricots in a glass with water, heat in the micro for one minute at maximum temperature. We remove from the mike and let it rest another minute. Drain and pour them into the saucepan.
- Finally we pour the coconut milk and stir well so that the flavors and smells mix.
- We leave on medium-high heat so that our future sauce is reduced, after 5 minutes we reduce the cooking temperature in half.
- We add a splash of soy sauce (very little, because if we go over it would be very salty). Just in case, we try salt and if necessary add a little more.
Preparation of basmati rice to accompany the ham and mushroom stew
- Let it cook for 10 more minutes. When we see that the sauce has thickened we put the fire to a minimum to keep the heat while we prepare the basmati rice.
- A few tips before preparing the rice. Given the ability of rice grains to stick together due to the high amount of starch, it is advisable to wash it before cooking. If you also soak it for half an hour to two hours before cooking, the beans will be less likely to break during cooking.
- We are going to prepare the accompaniment to the dish, a little basmati rice cooked according to the recipe we have on the blog. This will be perfect for this type of sauce.
- We serve everything on a plate with the freshly made rice along with the mushroom sauce and ham on the same plate. I assure you that it is a very grateful recipe, it is a variation of the recipe of mushrooms with ham of a lifetime.
- Don’t forget a little naan bread or chapati bread. Basic element in Indian cuisine, and that adds to pushing the contents of the plate.
Although the rice that comes with the dish as an accompaniment mixes perfectly with the sauce, leaving the dish super clean. Do you dare with this recipe? Well, to the kitchen!
I encourage you to try doing it at home, the result is impressive. You can see all the photos of the step by step of this basmati rice with ham and mushrooms in this album.